FT Gremlin - SP0NZ Build Log

Frolic

"You are dead, Frolic"
Yea!
I have been having such a good time with mine. Not enough time to edit a video, but my backyard has become a playground. Still a bit wild to fly indoors though. does anyone have a 3D print for prop guards for the Gremlin?

Psyborg, Still hammering out PID's. I am having some flutter on dive recoveries. I think it is on roll. But so hard to tell.

Dan, I know how it is to be delayed with life! Hope Keegan has a blast and doesn't fly it where he shouldn't, but I would have a hard time resisting some of that temptation. #ruiningthehobby

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Dan, I know how it is to be delayed with life! Hope Keegan has a blast and doesn't fly it where he shouldn't, but I would have a hard time resisting some of that temptation. #ruiningthehobby

Lol, take a look at Robbin Hall at UND. It has a huge lighted glass tower that just screams "dive me!"

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Yea!
I have been having such a good time with mine. Not enough time to edit a video, but my backyard has become a playground. Still a bit wild to fly indoors though. does anyone have a 3D print for prop guards for the Gremlin?

Psyborg, Still hammering out PID's. I am having some flutter on dive recoveries. I think it is on roll. But so hard to tell.

More then likely you are simply coming down in your own propwash and catching it to hard and too flat. Watch this and pay attention to the part about exiting the maneuver.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Keegan now has his Gremlin with him at UND. Hopefully we'll get a good flight report from him soon.

MggfOLjPNE1w_VQAUNXald47fecLbkcKw-pOAyJzc9KM3DAs3UKIZ72rrDIwcKo2IiDoFokHatIV4OFH4RTL1iZ4iCIGy7nBerFVFrG8C-S_6kvfGOIXphOjNmxTks2Zgw9mw0mgukDZ2Qx2EhMrYIpwNON_p2_3b4n2_FgS1eFVYsXj3a3tKJATZTBxyav9KtkhLGdFqn4qZEbvPUhMzuZ63KgoVimQDLYy7lciFclp7C7fM5LxC0q6Tm2JLFbJCeKP_7YIrL8nCp7i5WfI4KUGRGZC52_6mSJI4iZtZIItl_CbUFIzat1hvjn3aweY6VpjlxTCE_05O9JHIxHFfOAl5p3DzeZxjOlm5XmtTMrfRdop0ljMjdt2zx853QL-THCkUs8rbgVIC1a_6VDcj-_vGB-QEZvd8Xgr1kRv2qM5AMR_AKNOuiPN2oRIPEoOMc6803JmoUnFilGpc0v96H4x38LS7wtYWO3m3KPwQkmyyBF0TswdirJkGa3yS_jaTrb0G7oFdP0J4r3tFYmgrS6osurzNZ4UJKXZbeqKKIL123XuXH3Lw1XtJHAKmG2bqG3tPtvTo5QikPjFaFE23wFFrt32Jz9MEqcf6WPg4m8=w1524-h857-no

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Cool. Hope he has the fun I have been having these last few days rippin mine around. If he wants a real challenge have him get the gate set I got posted in my build thread. Putting a 5 inch square quad thru a 17 inch diameter or smaller hole is a challenge. Whole different animal then flying it in the open and free styling.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Keegan flew his Gremlin! It needs a little bit of tuning, but it flies. My first successful quad build.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
WOOT!!! good to hear mate. Hopefully we get some video soon..

I have been retuning mine again to work more like a full on racer instead of fast and loose freestyle. I even picked up a gate set for tiny whoop size quads I been practicing with when the weather is tolerable enough to get out.

Heres where I am at currently for the accompanying video if he wants to get an idea where to start.

gremgatepids_small.jpg