FT Mini Scout on Nitro!

cale10

ft-mini-glow-1.jpg ft-mini-glow.jpg

Video Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlOiMfIeD04

Before I left for FliteFest i had decided to throw a Vintage Cox PEEWEE .020 nitro engine, ( an engine built for freeflight, control line, and primitive RC flying) a receiver, a small receiver pack, and some fuel into my toolbox just in case i had the time to create such a contraption at the event. shortly after arriving at the event all of my friends encouraged me to start and finish the project in hopes to fly it at the event. so i bought the plane and servos for the plane and we got to work in one of the build tents. shortly after we had the first ever nitro mini speedbuild kit ever created(that i know of). at the time of the maiden flight it was a built windy and once i got the engine to run the proper direction, i adjusted the needle and we launched the plane and it flew slow and beautifully. it was truly graceful to fly and to watch fly, all whilst the little PEEWEE was screaming through the air. the model itself was doomed to only a hand full of flights because of the oily nitro exhaust soaking into the foam and causing the paper to peel up, but i knew this before we started the project. As cheap as it was and as fun as it was it was totally worth it in my opinion. with my love of nitro engines and small glow engines in general, this was truly a ton of fun for myself and my friends that helped, and encouraged me to build it!

in conclusion, this was a very successful and fun project. not for the faint of heart but i truly enjoyed it.

Special thanks to Jason Uberig for taking the video!

Montiey

Master Tinkerer
Very nice!

You could minwax the edges of the plane and around the nose a bit. Maybe add light packing tape to waterproof it.