FT Simple Firewall V2 3D Printed

Agamoruso

Hey guys just wanted to share a file I drew up this morning. I took all the dimensions from the FT Explore plans so I think they're pretty accurate. I will be soon building the FT Explore and wanted to make sure I was using the design of the new firewall. Let me know if there are any issues.

Here is the final product (just a draft print) with it CA glued together. Seems to be rather strong, soon to be tested!
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1092478

FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:

AdamV

Admittedly, i know nothing about 3D printing... but, couldn't you just print it as one assembled piece

Agamoruso

Yea I could've but I was really wanting to compare it to the old simple firewall. Another thing is if I printed it all in one it would've taken about twice as long. Just thought I'd share if anyone wanted to print one.

AdamV

It looks to me like the 2nd link has a different motor mount that what you posted in the first link. Did you design that as well?

Ward

Neither of those are my designs, I simply came across them when building my first Versa. Since I have access to a 3D printer, it's faster, cheaper, and easier for me to print motor mounts and control horns than laser cut them out of plywood. I had actually originally planned to design my own parts, but finding these on thingiverse saved me the effort.

The motor mount in the second link is indeed different, it's designed to be glued to the top of the wing, instead of the bottom. I haven't tested it yet, but it does look interesting.

Here is the firewall installed:
uqJvwE8.jpg

Control horn:
oM359su.jpg

Also a 3d printed FPV camera pan mount:
Bc2Drfu.jpg