FT Simple Stick

dap35

Elite member
Has anyone flown the FT Simple Stick with a power pack C? If not, then has anyone build The Hangar's Simple Stick? Does it fly and balance well with power pack C? (https://www.flitetest.com/articles/simple-stick) Thank you!
Yes. I built mine with Ross FB, which is a little heavier and also had the servos in the aft, so I actually extended the nose out another 2 inches and to balance perfectly with a C pack and a 4S 2200 battery. Flys great.

agupt108

Yes. I built mine with Ross FB, which is a little heavier and also had the servos in the aft, so I actually extended the nose out another 2 inches and to balance perfectly with a C pack and a 4S 2200 battery. Flys great.
Thank you! Any tips on how to mod the plans to do the two inch addition?

dap35

Elite member
You can either print the current plans and just use a straight edge, or if you have a CAD package, you can import the PDF's and make the changes.

agupt108

You can either print the current plans and just use a straight edge, or if you have a CAD package, you can import the PDF's and make the changes.
I am still quite a beginner to rc plane, so would finding the cg become a bit more complex with the two inch addition? Or will it only balance with that addition if using c-pack..Thank you!

Foamforce

I am still quite a beginner to rc plane, so would finding the cg become a bit more complex with the two inch addition? Or will it only balance with that addition if using c-pack..Thank you!

I think you would use the original balance point as printed in the plans. You lengthen the nose if your plane is too tail heavy to balance at the balance points. By making the nose longer, you get the heavy motor and battery further out.

dap35

Elite member
T
I think you would use the original balance point as printed in the plans. You lengthen the nose if your plane is too tail heavy to balance at the balance points. By making the nose longer, you get the heavy motor and battery further out.
Exactly.

CappyAmeric

Elite member
Has anyone flown the FT Simple Stick with a power pack C? If not, then has anyone build The Hangar's Simple Stick? Does it fly and balance well with power pack C? (https://www.flitetest.com/articles/simple-stick) Thank you!
I've built 3 FT Simple Sticks. Two with C packs, and 1 with Potenza 10 (about 30% more thrust from a C pack motor). I built them stock. No need to change anything. They fly great with 3s, and very nice acro and light 3D with 4s.

agupt108

I've built 3 FT Simple Sticks. Two with C packs, and 1 with Potenza 10 (about 30% more thrust from a C pack motor). I built them stock. No need to change anything. They fly great with 3s, and very nice acro and light 3D with 4s.
Ok thank you!