FT Spitfire Prop help?

Kenbow

What props and motor combo's do you guys run? I see that FT on their build plans recommend a 8-6- 9x4.7 SF and in the store a APC 8x4E. I tried a 9x4.7SF with a ntm 2826 1350kv. It did not work out so well for me, as the plane torque rolled left so fast on launch that right aileron would not correct it, or it didn't seem to, as panic set in, cut the throttle and turned it into a lawn dart:black_eyed: I am hoping the 8x4 would be a little more kind:confused:

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
Your 8x4E will be better for you. The lower pitch still means youll have a good amount for thrust but not as much as the slow fly prop. You can stick with you 9x4.7 but use much less throttle on launch no more then half throttle is really needed id stick with a 8x4E or 8x6apc for good flights

Dont recommend slow fly props at all on these war birds the more for 3d flight. stick with apc prop

Last edited:

Kenbow

Well, after a second attempt with a 8x4 my flight was a little longer, but it would not turn/roll right at all, come to the conclusion that my left wing was creating too much drag. I got a little sloppy with the wing spars, so a new wing and some fuselage repair was needed. Got that taken care of and took her out for a third attempt, it finally flew like I hoped it would. I added more Aileron than they suggested and I am glad I did, it flew well and was able to roll gently.

jayz 84

Thats great Kenbow glad to see you had a prob and was able to find out a fix for it. And even better that you got her flying. The spitfire is a great plane youll love her and the extreme things that plane can do with more power and spar modification

jayz 84

Between the full size mustang and spitfire are not to much different the spit just has alittle more of that float feel to it and a lower stall speed do to its wing area. Mustang has a little better roll rate. But the elevator is less sentive compared to the spitfire do to the elevator size.