• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FT Style Nemesis NXT-NG

Matagami Designs

So here is my next scratch build. A 42" wingspan pylon racer. I will probably start off running it on a 3s 2200 pack and a 'C' pack radial but the end goal is to run it on my 4s 3300 pack and a Great Planes Rimfire .15 motor.

Based off a 3 view by perttime. https://www.deviantart.com/perttime/art/NXT-NG-297609671 Supposedly a cross between Jon Sharp's "Nemesis NXT" and Wayne Handley's "Turbo Raven" I originally found the 3-view in a post https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/nemesis-nxt-turboprop-in-foamboard.56788/ by @SquirrelTail.

I just need to do some final tweaking and then make the plans.
Let me know what you think!

Attachments

SquirrelTail

So here is my next scratch build. A 42" wingspan pylon racer. I will probably start off running it on a 3s 2200 pack and a 'C' pack radial but the end goal is to run it on my 4s 3300 pack and a Great Planes Rimfire .15 motor.

Based off a 3 view by perttime. https://www.deviantart.com/perttime/art/NXT-NG-297609671 Supposedly a cross between Jon Sharp's "Nemesis NXT" and Wayne Handley's "Turbo Raven" I originally found the 3-view in a post https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/nemesis-nxt-turboprop-in-foamboard.56788/ by @SquirrelTail.

I just need to do some final tweaking and then make the plans.
Let me know what you think!
It is beautiful!!

Matagami Designs

The alpha version plans are ready to be printed. Barely got the fuse one one page.:sneaky: 4 sheets but there is poster board and a plywood/basswood spar in there for strength. I think i may try and figure out some landing gear to mount under the wings as well...

1578031587163.png

Attachments

Matagami Designs

Well I had to cut the nose off and reglue. Things line up better when your build this back to front. Anyway the fuselage is basically done. Think I'll take a break and start on the wings and tail pieces tomorrow.
20200105_181240.jpg

Matagami Designs

Looks good!! What's wrong with hand launching? You'll reduce drag that way...
Yeah, I would say belly landings aren't great. I guess its mostly my own preference. I had to many poorly balanced planes that I threw into the ground. Lol. I think this will already be a bit much for my piloting skills but still trying to push the envelope so to speak. So a little drag may be ok I guess.

Matagami Designs

Got some goodies today for this bird. As suggested by @BATTLEAXE.
20200107_233712.jpg

Spent awhile soldering up this watt meter too. Seems nifty but I loathe soldering... I'll have to see how this compares to my C pack although it's quite clearly on another level. 👍

I dont need the collar on the back of the motor right? Seems too close to the firewall cut out and I'd rather just leave it off since it's got a c clip.

BATTLEAXE

Got some goodies today for this bird. As suggested by @BATTLEAXE.
View attachment 153728
Spent awhile soldering up this watt meter too. Seems nifty but I loathe soldering... I'll have to see how this compares to my C pack although it's quite clearly on another level. 👍

I dont need the collar on the back of the motor right? Seems too close to the firewall cut out and I'd rather just leave it off since it's got a c clip.
Congrats man! If the biggest you have flown is the C pack radial, this is a next level replacement that will fit in any of the standard size planes and a mini or two. You will be blown away by this hot rod in a box, opens up so many possibilities. Kudo's on taking the jump man

Yea I took the brass collar off mine. I think it's there just in case you wanted to press the shaft forward to use a prop collet but it is not necessary for the out-runner configuration, you have the same prop adapter i have which i have never had an issue with either.