FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
sooooo impressed with not only the quality but also the ease of assembly. haven't said a single bad word yet. :sneaky:

20201202_182624.jpg

20201202_182704.jpg

oh, and all the parts and bags are clearly labeled. what an idea...:LOL:

tomorrow the tail will get glued in and servos installed. then all that is left is to button up the front and install prop. definitely on for a saturday maiden.

laters,

me :cool:

OliverW

Legendary member
You know what's weird? I can do roll circles all day but the second I try a rolling harrier I end up stuffing it after like 3 rolls. :unsure:
Standard rolling circles are so fun... but rifle rolling circles are scary. Each time I make it to the halfway point it dives.... my brain hates the curve it does

OliverW

Legendary member
How do you do it? Just get it close to stall and mash down elevator? With really high elevator rate?

I think I'll stick to pattern stuff...
Honestly I enter mine at around 100mph. You give full down elevator, lots of rudder, and lots of aileron. You feed in more aileron and rudder the further into it you go to get it to "crank" upright

OliverW

Legendary member
I have also heard it being called a lomcevak. Actually that is how I killed my first 4s mini mustang. I did one and it died after the inverted spin that came right after (I forgot to use rudder).
A lomcevak is what it was developed from. A lomcevak is a continuous one that doesn't go upright, but a crankshaft "cranks" upright and you exit from it

speedbirdted

Legendary member
I have also heard it being called a lomcevak. Actually that is how I killed my first 4s mini mustang. I did one and it died after the inverted spin that came right after (I forgot to use rudder).
I had a FT sea angel that would do them really easily because the thrustline was so high lol. Just go vertical, cut throttle and wait for it to stall and then lay on the throttle and it and it would go spinning around