FTFC20 Mini Waco YMF5 designed by MiniacRC

MiniacRC

For the 2020 'Classic to Modern' FT forum design challenge, I'll be trying my hand at modeling the classic Waco Ymf 5 as a mighty mini foamy. Shooting for a small, light and nimble bipe with a wide speed envelope that'll take both the A and F pack.

Inspiration for this plane comes from the plans available at Aerofred.com.
Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 5.59.43 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 5.59.27 PM.png

Below is featured the DynamRC version. Updates coming soon. :)
HTB1qdYiPpXXXXcTXpXXq6xXFXXX3.jpg

HTB1TIfnPpXXXXa8XpXXq6xXFXXXP.jpg

Attachments

• dynam-4-channel-rc-wako-bi-plane-rtf-2-4ghz-5.jpg
    dynam-4-channel-rc-wako-bi-plane-rtf-2-4ghz-5.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 0

Apple Pie

Elite member
I am SO going to build one of these the day you finish the plans up! Super excited about this one. I’m very curious about how you are making the plans from the three orthographic views, especially for the rounded fuselage. Keep us posted with the details as you move along with this project!

MiniacRC

@Apple Pie thanks! I'll be sure to update y'all :)
Hoping I can nail the look of the waco without too many pieces so its a nice and easy mini size build! :)

MiniacRC

@FoamyDM there are many ways man, some people make formers and then guess and check with paper. Others use sheet metal unfolding tools on CAD software. I use a combo of both along with trial and error to make the plans for the rounded pieces. Each designer's chosen method is usually different from others and unique. :)