Building Fool-Flying Noob
February is FT-Build-Ruary Month! (for the 4th TIME)
Hi All, Lets welcome another flying season, ready to go!
Once Again, I challenge all here to turn February into FT-Build-Ruary
So Many Planes So Little Time:
I, like most folk in this community, have a LONG build list of planes I would LOVE to build. Since I have Gotten involved here in the forums and this challenge in 2018, there has been in incredible influx of new Classic Balsa designs turned Foam, fantasy Planes, Plans, builds and ideas/inspiration with the Bloody WWII Baby! forum thread and and the FTFC WWII Design & Build Challenge, and the FTFC Fantasy Aircraft Design & Build Challenge the FTFC Classic to Modern Challenge, as well as any plans listed by SPONZ and other forum members. and this Past year with Covid-19, has brought in a number of new designers and designs. This Challenge is expected to be conducted in Conjunction with a Water Plane Design-Build Challenge I will co-host. A submission that fulfills both challenges my be submitted.
Challenge: Spend February building at least 4 functioning RC
Be sure to post your entry below:
Must have a Declaration of participation with a link to your Build Thread
a list of your four(4) planes.
Build Thread Summary (5 pts):
Start a Thread - "FTFC21: Build-ruary by (Builder)" with your linked build list. Include your estimated Build Skill and Piloting Skill (1=New, 5=Expert)
FTFC21: Build-ruary by FoamyDM (Build Skill: 4 Skilled, Pilot SKill: 3 Novice)
- FT- Mustang
- FDM MM Explorer
- Depron to the Rescue <250g Autonomous FPV Searching Rig
- FTFC21 - Aquatic Design & Build: Flying Boat
Set aside Posts 2 - 5 and title them "FT-Build-Ruary: (plane) Build by (builder)"
Each build post will be scored as follows on March 1st 2021 Midnight EST (-5GMT):
- 5pts Picture of the plane with Plans link and/or Forum link (for other community members to find them) and your reason for choosing this plane.
- 8pts Build-log: A brief explanation of your build process, and note difficulties, changes and tips along the way. Be sure include your build pics and a estimated build time. Include your take on how the build went (1 Simple -5 Complex) and how it flew (1-easy to 5-Hard). [2 pts basic, 4 pts helpful, 6pts detailed and helpful, 8pts article ready.]
- 3pts Color Scheme - A decorated plane is more fun.
- 5pts Maiden Video *Due before March 8th*
- 2 pts Post-project reflective statement. (Summary of Do's, Don't and tips)
The Build Challenge Begins February 1st and Ends on the 1st of March 2021!
Maiden Videos must be posted before March 8th.
Parts 1, 2 and 3 posts as of March 1st will not be judged
Parts 4 and 5 dated as of March 8th will not be judged
*That means You will have 1 additional weeks to get your maiden flight edited and posted*
The Winner will receive (Supplied by FoamyDM):
- Bragging Rights!
- I plan set cut from DTFB*
- Trophy (maybe)
- Full Size Printed Plans*
Good Luck FT Community, Get your plans ready and Happy Building!