Fun fee paid

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
My daughter-in-law and 3 grandchildren were in the car getting ready to drive out of where they were parked when a man would not take no for an answer when he persistently demanded she open the door. Fortunately for him she was able to drive off though calling 1911 was plan B under the seat.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Sadly we live in a time where humanity is digressing back to the stone age and violence is required to counter violent acts. I was trying to make a funny reply and did not intend to derail the topic of this thread my apologies to the OP.

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
Sadly we live in a time where humanity is digressing back to the stone age and violence is required to counter violent acts. I was trying to make a funny reply and did not intend to derail the topic of this thread my apologies to the OP.

Not really sure there was much of a topic to derail. The OP posted how he registered and it kind of took off as government overreach from there. Then with that government overreach the topic of our right to keep and bear arms came up.

Also I agree with you it is sad the innocent are forced to resort to violence to be safe. The emotional trauma of shooting a person in self defense must be devastating...it just isn't fair. But there are truly evil people out there. Police can't always be there to protect those innocent people. I understand that. It just sucks that gun hating libs can't.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Not really sure there was much of a topic to derail. The OP posted how he registered and it kind of took off as government overreach from there. Then with that government overreach the topic of our right to keep and bear arms came up.

Also I agree with you it is sad the innocent are forced to resort to violence to be safe. The emotional trauma of shooting a person in self defense must be devastating...it just isn't fair. But there are truly evil people out there. Police can't always be there to protect those innocent people. I understand that. It just sucks that gun hating libs can't.
JimCR120 has Liked your post.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Well there will come a turning point when they realize not enough citizens have weapons to counter the crooks and crime rates go thru the roof. After that its all down hill as the few countries that have thought to invade the US over the years will make an attempt because the citizens no longer out gun their military by shear number of owners. Think back to the movie Red Dawn (if you are as old as I am and have seen it)

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Ehh... what's everyone going on about here? Sure it can be fun to talk politics, but no offense PsyBorg... I really don't think a well armed population is that much deterrence to a military power. Just have a look at our experience in Iraq and Afghanistan. Two countries where just about every household had a fully automatic rifle as an accessory. Sure, we needed to take that into consideration, but it didn't stop us from jumping in. Arguments for self-protection via firearms is one thing -- and invalid if you ask me without proper training, but it's another to think it'll deter a military power with aviation, armor, naval assets and as many soldiers and firepower as their supply line can supply.

I digress, and it's just my opinion, but it's also based on 4yrs active duty as a 19D cav scout in an airborne capacity and 4 yrs as a reservist in an aviation unit.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Ehh... what's everyone going on about here? Sure it can be fun to talk politics, but no offense PsyBorg... I really don't think a well armed population is that much deterrence to a military power. Just have a look at our experience in Iraq and Afghanistan. Two countries where just about every household had a fully automatic rifle as an accessory. Sure, we needed to take that into consideration, but it didn't stop us from jumping in. Arguments for self-protection via firearms is one thing -- and invalid if you ask me without proper training, but it's another to think it'll deter a military power with aviation, armor, naval assets and as many soldiers and firepower as their supply line can supply.

I digress, and it's just my opinion, but it's also based on 4yrs active duty as a 19D cav scout in an airborne capacity and 4 yrs as a reservist in an aviation unit.

As this is a forum for all things flying I will drop out of this as there is too much potential for it to go south. If you are interested in why I made that statement (having been around probably twice as many years as you) hit me with a Pm and we can talk there. Even if you are not interested after learning you have served in our military I want to thank you for your time in the service and what you have done for us all.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
There is a place for this called Behind the Shed where things such as these that grow into more than just a passing though.

I would encourage that we take important thoughts as these and continue them (in the appropriate area) because ignoring issues does not make them go away. It is better to discuss important issues so we can understand them better from various perspectives and hopefully find common ground where we can be unified against the evil we can't avoid.

Sometimes a passing thought is just that, an evident reminder or something to consider. When those thoughts grow into more, we have a place for that, "Behind the Shed" which has been used and kept suprisingly civil. I hope to see more members there where, though we enjoy flying, we also recognize that we can't be too distracted to focus on dire issues of our day.

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
Well today I flew at a local park. There was a county sheriff and a township officer that passed through during the 4 hour session. They both stopped, stared, gave thumbs up then left.

I guess cops around me aren't checking papers yet.