Function of the main wing components and rear fins.

Sheriff

Ahh!! The model from Julius Perdana is an excellent model to make with the 'equipment' you have. :)
I agree with Figure9, your plane will fly wonderfully.

I had never heard about Paper-Replika.com - Great ressource, thank you.

kareez

Hi. I was analyzing how aircraft components work on the fly. But one thing caught my attention. In the image, the propeller angle is not perpendicular to the body. And it tends slightly to the right. And In the cut, the left side of the map is taller than the right. Is this have a reason? Flight problems if the propeller is exactly upright against the body? I removed this angle and set it upright. It is, of course, correctable.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 0

Figure9

Elite member
Hi. I was analyzing how aircraft components work on the fly. But one thing caught my attention. In the image, the propeller angle is not perpendicular to the body. And it tends slightly to the right. And In the cut, the left side of the map is taller than the right. Is this have a reason? Flight problems if the propeller is exactly upright against the body? I removed this angle and set it upright. It is, of course, correctable.

I modified a plan provided by Flite Test & needed to resolve this same issue. Ended up feeling like a dummy because I tried to shim the ‘power pod’ installation for down force because I’d seen it done that way before. One of the forum guys took pity on me & told me to simply shim the motor mount. (He could have said, “Shim the motor mount, DUMMY”, but he was kind & he didn’t say that. Haha.) He told me the best way to shim it was with plastic card stock. I’ve seen very light weight models with both right & down force built in & the most I’ve seen recommended is 4 degrees down & maybe 2 degrees right. You’re right, this is correctable if flight characteristics are unfavorable. Start with the plan recommendations.