Furious FPV Acrowhoop V2 Betaflight Receiver Issue

NOSS

Noss
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum but also hoping to get some help troubleshooting my new Acrowhoop board. I recently purchased the Acrowhoop V2 board for FrSky so that I could use it with my Taranis QX7. After some research, I was able to successfully configure the board, bind it to the Taranis, and begin the usual Betaflight stuff. However, when I looked under the receiver tab when my Taranis was connected, I saw all of the channels fluctuating wildly all by themselves. When I then toggle the sticks and switches, the fluctuation only gets worse and seems to have no apparent pattern. I have my channel map set to TAER1234 and have tried to re-flash firmware according to what I have seen other people try. Under configuration, I have receiver mode set to Serial Based and the serial provider as SPEKTRUM2048. I also attempted to power the board with a normal 1s battery, while connected to Betaflight, only to see the same result. This is quite frustrating as the Acrowhoop board was already a pain to merely flash with driver installation and what not. Luckily, existing sources were able to allow me to get around issues with connecting to my Taranis, flashing, and messing with drivers. However, I have yet to find a solution to this weird channel issue in Betaflight.

I'm posting here today somewhat new to the hobby and after having completed by first QAV210 build. I was so happy to get that thing in the air but with the weather now cold and wet, I am rarely able to fly it and what a bummer that was considering I just finished it. Nonetheless, I have much to learn and am happy to be corrected or given any advice, especially because this is my first "Tiny Whoop" build. I have attached a picture below that hopefully show up for you all. It shows the receiver tab with all channel weirdness and to clarify, those bars were all over the place and not fixed at the values shown in the image. The second picture shows the map below on the receiver tab. On the left, you can see some fluctuation when I am not touching the sticks of the Taranis. But on the right, I started moving the sticks randomly which only increased the fluctuation. This makes sense because I am giving input but like I said before, there is no pattern and the channels are not correctly matching the input I am giving.

Betaflight reciever issue.png
betaflight issue 2.png

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Welcome to Flite Test and Happy Holidays mate.

Taranis is straight up Sbus. Spectrum 2048 is for the Spectrum protocols which is why your channel mapping is all goofy, I am not sure exactly what receiver is built on that board so I would read the documentation. Then make sure the correct protocol is selected and the correct port is used.

NOSS

Noss
Thanks this is interesting...

*Facepalm* See... I tried that initially before re-flashing and the serial port would randomly close on me without updating my configuration settings. But whaddya know now it works. Thanks a ton though. The channels seem to align now except for AUX 5 which is still fluctuating. Though this doesn't really matter because I am not using it, I am curious why this still is the case. Here are my ports and the tab with AUX 5 still being dumb. Ports still kinda confuse me, especially on a condensed board like the acrowhoop which has a lot going on, making UARTs hard to distinguish. Is there anything obviously wrong with these settings? Thanks again...

1.png
2.png

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Aux 5 looks to be mapped to one of the pots either on the front or the side of the Taranis. That is why the odd number and they can be spastic. Specially if a calibration has not been done on the radio itself. Nothing to worry about. You only really need to four channels to fly, aux 1 to arm / disarm, and aux 2 if you are using different modes and switching between acro and auto level. I would go into the settings and set the receiver up to D8 mode in the Taranis so it only looks at 8 channels and not all 16 soaking up processor cycle times if possible on that board / receiver combination. You can always switch back to D16 mode if the quad goes goofy on you for doing that.

NOSS

Noss
Aux 5 looks to be mapped to one of the pots either on the front or the side of the Taranis. That is why the odd number and they can be spastic. Specially if a calibration has not been done on the radio itself. Nothing to worry about. You only really need to four channels to fly, aux 1 to arm / disarm, and aux 2 if you are using different modes and switching between acro and auto level. I would go into the settings and set the receiver up to D8 mode in the Taranis so it only looks at 8 channels and not all 16 soaking up processor cycle times if possible on that board / receiver combination. You can always switch back to D16 mode if the quad goes goofy on you for doing that.

Yeah it seems pretty spastic in general but I do have D8 set and only the 6 channels used as you mentioned. Just flew it and it arms and switches modes just fine!