Galloping Ghost FT P51xr Mustang

saiga556

Full of...
Just flew my clipped ft51 and it did really well. I tried to clip everything to the same dimensions that you did. Still too floaty with the ft style wing but speed was decent. Ran it using about 540 watts. Performance was better in all aspects than the original ft51.

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
Just flew my clipped ft51 and it did really well. I tried to clip everything to the same dimensions that you did. Still too floaty with the ft style wing but speed was decent. Ran it using about 540 watts. Performance was better in all aspects than the original ft51.

OMG, this bird is beautiful!

jayz 84

Nice job man i like it. My kind of color scheme too. Yeah
even with my slim speed wing and running just over 1000g. Mine is still on the floaty side kinda haha. But with 1000watts a power she rips like on other. And the roll rate, oh my.

saiga556

Full of...
Thanks I have to admit that for a quick and dirty build it turned out pretty good. The hatch worked out pretty well also. The next one I build will have a much thinner wing as well.

saiga556

Full of...
Nice job man i like it. My kind of color scheme too. Yeah
even with my slim speed wing and running just over 1000g. Mine is still on the floaty side kinda haha. But with 1000watts a power she rips like on other. And the roll rate, oh my.

For some reason the roll rate on mine was not that amazing. The throws I'm using are pretty big too. Maybe they are too big and I'm stalling out the control surfaces. Some playing with the differential ailerons may help.

Last edited:

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor

Love it!

jayz 84

For some reason the roll rate on mine was not that amazing. The throws I'm using are pretty big too. Maybe they are too big and I'm stalling out the control surfaces. Some playing with the differential ailerons may help.

Really a roll rate can depend on control surface size, speed, wing area and drag. Large surfaces and big throws are more suitable for moderate to slow speed like in 3d where they perform best. Now having a big surface at a higher rate of speed can stall it out to the point you cant control it. Keep your controls to a moderate size and to a degree of deflection that you can handle in high speed turns with no issues. Your roll rate in the end will depend on your speed and wing area. With me pushing over 100mph it can roll pretty quickly with the shorter wing and less drag