Getting a FlySky FS-T6, anyone?

highflying

I'm about to take delivery (today or tomorrow) of my brand new FS-T6 and I wondered if anyone had one and wanted to say something about it. Any problems I should look for?

Tactical Ex

I have a FS-T6 and I love it. Easy to program, doesn't suck the life out of batteries very quick. Lots of features you would expect in a $300 but its much, much cheaper.

The only problem I have had with it is that mixes can cancel out expo settings but its so minor I can look past it at that price.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
I liked mine but recently upgraded to a Taranis. If I could do it over again I would skip the FlySky and hold out for the Taranis. I didn't have any more money at the time though, and the FlySky got me in the air..

highflying

Bruce Simpson (rcmodelreviews) has nice things to say about the Taranis, but I simply don't have that budget. I would have but, no money.

I've been using mine for almost 6 months now and I don't have any complaints, does all that I need it to do and I'm just starting to use the 5th and 6th channel. I'm certain there are better transmitters but until you know what you really want to do this is a cheap and very functional starter. For example, I'ver recently started looking in to FPV and using a flight controller board. there are 4 more things to control, Auto stabilization, auto level on the KK board and Pan & tilt for the FPV camera. I can probably live with out the Pan and tilt but is an option I would like to have, tracking is something else I've considered and I know you need a compatible radio to do that as well.

I didn't expect to want to do any of this when I got started but now that I know what I'm after I could save myself a $200 mistake buying a radio that can't do what I want to do. As I said before the FS-t6 is more than functional, it's at a beginner price but much more than a beginner radio. My brother has a Spektrum Dx5e and it cost more and does so much less. he could increase his skill so much more if he could adjust his dual rates and expo the FS-t6 offers that.

just my 2 cents, there's not a better radio for the price.

-Jes

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
It's an incredible value! I will do everything a beginner could ask for. I have not had any problems with mine. Can't beat 20 model memory at this price, and the receivers are compatible with the 9X. The batteries also seem to last longer in my T6 than they do in my 9X. You made a good choice.