GoPro Interference?

Earthbound_Misfit

Ok, so I have been using an electrohub with an Acro Naze32 and spektrum receiver for a while now with no issues. Used it just last week, with no interference issues. Yesterday, I got a deal on a GoPro Hero 3 that I couldn't pass up so I decided to throw it on the quad and try it out. Get a feel for the balance, what the videos might look like etc.

First Flight: Lots of pulsing and oscillation, almost unflyable. WiFi was on, oops.

Second Flight: Turned Wifi off. Still some oscillation, thought maybe it was the FPV gear that was transmitting, but I didn't have the receiver powered up.

Third Flight: Removed FPV camera and transmitter. Still the same, lots of pulsing and oscillation as well as a general unhealthy sound to the whole quad. I can't describe it other than I know what it sounds like when it is flying smooth and this wasn't it.

Could it be the GoPro causing my issues, even without the WiFi? It seems to be a common setup so I didn't expect to have any issues. I plan on stripping everything extra off the quad this weekend and seeing if it still does it, but I wanted to start gathering more info beforehand so I am better prepared and can use the small amount of daylight available effectively.

Thanks!

KRAR

Easiest test is to fly without gopro then with gopro. if the problem goes away the it is the gopro, perhaps the added weight - need to adjust gains. I believe the gopro 3 has both wifi and bluetooth, ensure both are off.

A few different ideas to try out, maybe take the gopro off and try placing somthing of similiar weight in the spot and see if it still acts the same

Earthbound_Misfit

I didn't think about the added weight, because if I go over half throttle it still has plenty of pep to shoot straight up out of sight. But I can see how low gains could affect things at a hover, a low p value would stabilize the quad with no payload but not be enough to stabilize the extra weight.

I will also check out the Bluetooth and make sure everything is off. I am stuck where I can't test fly until next week if the weather cooperates, not enough daylight this time of year.

Thanks for the tips!