GR18 Firmware Update

Sid

http://www.graupnerusa.com/GR-18-GR10C-Firmware-Q05_b_9.html
GR-18 and GR-10C Multirotor Version Q05 Release Notes

NOTE! Before applying this update and setting up the new firmware make sure that ALL the propellers are removed for your own safety!

Please note that after the update all previous settings will be overwritten and reset to factory defaults.

NEW - SUPPORT FOR MULTISHOT8 (8Khz) AND MULTISHOT32 (32Khz)

Limitations: MULTISOHOT only functions with QUAD + and QUAD x frames. In any other configuration you will need to either use PPM or ONESHOT. When MULTISHOT is active channels 7-9 are deactivated and cannot be used for other functions.

Please note that BL-HELI and BL-HELI S are still having problems in 3D mode when using MULTISHOT32. When the GR-18 is used in 3D mode please use ONESHOT or MULTISHOT8 with BL-HELI 16.52.

If you are using our Graupner ULTRA multirotor ESC’s please update the firmware to 14.85 using the BL-HELI firmware updater.

NEW - HIGHER RATES

This new firmware now supports higher rates making it very responsive depending on the settings. Please note that there now is a multiply factor of 5 between what was in the previous settings in version Q04. For example, a setting of 50 in Q05 is comparable to a value of 10 in version Q04.

For beginners we recommend a values of about 25 for roll and pitch (nick) and 50 for yaw. For race and freestyle pilots, we recommend a value of between 50-70 for all axes.

NEW DYNAMIC SETTINGS

Dynamic roll and pitch (nick) provide a more direct locked in feeling. For 3D mode use values between 50-100 depending on your flying style. Lowering the dynamic value settings (30-50) will provide a smoother flight control for freestyle and race style flying.

Dynamic yaw provides a more direct locked in feeling. For 3D mode use values between 80-100 depending on your flying style. Lowering the dynamic value settings (30-80) will provide a smoother flight control for freestyle and race style flying.

NEW – AIRMODE

Airmode increase command authority at low throttle. It is active the moment the motors are armed and stays always active.

NEW – S-BUS

The GR-18 now supports S-BUS input from receivers like TBS Crossfire. The S-BUS output is connected to the +T telemetry channel on the GR-18. The GR-18 will poll the +T channel and will auto detect the input signal.

TIP – DAMPENING

As a rule, with ONESHOT and MULTISHOT the damping with Graupner Race Propellers and Graupner 3D Propellers up to 6 inches can be reduced to the value of 1. This generally reduces vibrations when arresting the copter or during fast 180 degrees of turning.

SETTINGS EXAMPLES

Graupner X-CELL 220 Frame with Graupner Ultra 2806 2300 KV motors S7049 and S7050, Graupner Ultra 20A multirotor ESC S3056 with 14.85 software, Graupner 5.5 race propellers S8474 Power Distribution Board (optional), 4S LiPo 1300-1800mAh:

Roll/Pitch (Nick) PID:

P = 50
D = 40
Dampening 1
Roll Factor: 90%
I = 25 (Freestyle)
I = 60 (Race)
R/N Dynamic = 50
Rate = 65

Yaw PID:

P = 50
I = 30 (Freestyle)