greetings and salutations!

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
Last edited:

Marzipan

for the EZ 3, you would need the EZ 3 power pack:
https://store.flitetest.com/flite-test-ft-stem-ez-power-pack-3-channel/
and a plane, but I don't see any designs on the store for the EZ 3, only.
/

the EZ system appears to be STEM only, so it's under the STEM section of the store. you can get the EZ3 plane kit here:
https://store.flitetest.com/ft-ez3-first-flyers-wr-382mm/

it's curious...the EZ3FF kit and TT kit can be added to cart but the EZ3PP only has the 'quote' option. my guess is that means it's currently out of stock?

Marzipan

Well, stupid me! I thought I remember reading somewhere S stands for cell. Noted.
it's not so bad...3 is the number of sells...the S just means they're connected in ceries. LoL!!!

@JasonK - about the letter s. I noticed in the filter that there is a 4S and a 4s. is that just a typo or is there some significance in the use of lowercase and uppercase letters?

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
it's not so bad...3 is the number of sells...the S just means they're connected in ceries. LoL!!!

@JasonK - about the letter s. I noticed in the filter that there is a 4S and a 4s. is that just a typo or is there some significance in the use of lowercase and uppercase letters?

probably a typo on an item's data. FT did have 2s batteries for a good while also, they might just be out of stock.

Marzipan

hey all...I'm wondering if there are any easy to understand aircraft encyclopedias for kids. ones that talk about flight theory n stuff using aircraft designs for illustrations and such.

in this case my grandson is 7.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
hey all...I'm wondering if there are any easy to understand aircraft encyclopedias for kids. ones that talk about flight theory n stuff using aircraft designs for illustrations and such.

in this case my grandson is 7.
ive got a boom on aircrafts... it kinda covers the basics of flight, but also covers the history of all aircrafts...
it is a DK book
" The Aircraft Book The Definitive Visual History"
https://www.google.com/search?chann...e+aircraft+book+the+definitive+visual+history

Marzipan

It’s called the ft forum

indeed...but my grandson isn't a forum goer yet. his parents have a PCI gave them 4 years ago that they have connected to their TV to stream YouTube, Netflix and Prime Video. for any computing stuff, they use tablets and the kid (his sister is 5) are only allowed to play kid games or watch kid videos on YouTube on their Mama G (my wife) iPad. they don't let them use their tablets. they aren't anti-technology, but they are not a enthusiastic about it as most others are this day and age.

so, his knowledge comes from kid level YouTube videos and the books he's given about the topics he loves, which is why I was hoping there are some kid level encyclopedic publications for aircraft like there is for dinosaurs, LoL!

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
indeed...but my grandson isn't a forum goer yet. his parents have a PCI gave them 4 years ago that they have connected to their TV to stream YouTube, Netflix and Prime Video. for any computing stuff, they use tablets and the kid (his sister is 5) are only allowed to play kid games or watch kid videos on YouTube on their Mama G (my wife) iPad. they don't let them use their tablets. they aren't anti-technology, but they are not a enthusiastic about it as most others are this day and age.

so, his knowledge comes from kid level YouTube videos and the books he's given about the topics he loves, which is why I was hoping there are some kid level encyclopedic publications for aircraft like there is for dinosaurs, LoL!
My parents are the same.. And believe me it has done my brother and a world of good

Marzipan

a question about trainer planes. by trainer, I'm assuming that is to suggest it will be a good plane for a beginner...or just fun / time to reminisce about the good 'ol days for the veterans, by which I mean old people. :ROFLMAO:

if that's true...why aren't the push planes suggested or recommended as much? I have read repeatedly that pushers like the Bixler are good for beginners as when, not if, there are crashes it saves the motor and prop from damage and punishment.