Grunjet 50mm EDF jet!

Grunjet 50mm EDF jet! 2

Please log in to download

SmoothRK

I've never built from plans like this so I'm having a bit of trouble interpreting the plans. I notice the lines on the plans have different colors...what do they mean? Also, I've searched for a build log or video of how this is actually assembled, but could not find anything. Does anyone know of a link that shows how the plane is assembled? Thanks.

SSgt Duramax

Starting a V2 version. How would this react to elevons instead of ailerons and elevator?
Probably fine. Look at my Mig. The control surfaces look small but it flies great with no ailerons (I can't say I invented this, I stole it from Ben Harber on his F-16). It is worth a shot. You could always enlarge the control surfaces if you aren't sure.

tomlogan1

Elite member
I am building my second Grunjet. The first, in a valiant effort to move an oak tree failed. My question is in regard to mounting the EDF. My "cone" has a flat side that would perfectly match up with the fuselage WITHOUT the mounts. Would lowering the EDF (no mounts) have a detrimental effect on the performance of this splendid design?

Thank you.

This is a great design. Got mine finished and it flies great. I used black core foamboard so that I could cut it out with the diode laser. It flew perfect on the maiden. I did struggle a bit with the solo hand launches as it would sometimes settle back into the grass before I could get my hand back to the elevator control. I reinforced the nose, bottom, and wing leading edges and it shows no issues after several grass encounters. I never could get it to take off from the ground. Here is the maiden:

Attachments

• 20230128_133818.jpg
    20230128_133818.jpg
    9.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221224_134044.jpg
    20221224_134044.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221231_165128.jpg
    20221231_165128.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0

Timmy

Legendary member
I've never built from plans like this so I'm having a bit of trouble interpreting the plans. I notice the lines on the plans have different colors...what do they mean? Also, I've searched for a build log or video of how this is actually assembled, but could not find anything. Does anyone know of a link that shows how the plane is assembled? Thanks.
Have you built any flite test planes before? If you haven't do those first as they'll give you an idea of how to construct foamboard planes. Usually after building a couple of ft planes you can figure out how to build something like this just by looking at the plans.

Timmy

Legendary member
Starting a V2 version. How would this react to elevons instead of ailerons and elevator?
you might wanna stretch the wing back so your elevons are further back for more pitch control. Be careful because this would also change the location of your centre of gravity.

That should fly great. I really like that KFm-2 airfoil style. Clean and easy to add onto a flat wing model. I am incorporating it on an Edge 540 profile foamy i am building. Should have it airborn in a couple weeks.