• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Guillows Cessna 170 RC Build

Okay, tackling rc again after a few more builds and a failed rc cherokee. Currently the gear weighs 31grams😬 shooting for 55-60 grams flying weight. The plane the gear was pulled out weighed 66 grams flying weight, wouldn’t loop and basically flew just off of stall. The 170 kit comes in Friday so expect posts soon. This is my first rc conversion and tissue isn’t my strong suit the stuff wrinkles so easy on curves for me so it probably won’t be pretty.

Last edited:
So the kit came in and the formers are drying. Since this is my first conversion I’ll be taking it slow and doing it one step at a time. Anyways here is a shot of a the one piece wing so far. I have 2 1/16 stringers top and bottom on there for strength, but they aren’t fully level with the cabin so that the wing sits flat.

Attachments

Alright, here’s what I got so far fueselage is almost ready for rc gear but the landing gear is beefed up with 1/16 inch plywood which is overkill in the weight department . But on my rubber powered super Cub it has just 1/16 ply and not 1/16 balsa with it, and that thing handled hard landings really well it never broke and it was held in with hot glue and the wire was too. I guess hot glue is the answer for landing gear because it’s spongey and flexy.

Attachments