Having a go at a Master Series type design

The Fopster

Master member
I'm not sure whether a scratch-built foam board plane is ever really "finished", as such. That said, whilst I still need to cut out a few more roundels and finish the markings, and will no doubt make a few adjustments as I get more used to flying it, I think I'm calling this one "done". So - this is the final update in this thread from me, with some in-flight pictures my daughter took for me. Overall I'm really pleased with how this went, and I think I'm ready to do a second "Master Series" style design. It will be something very different, and I think I've now decided what it will be (you can blame Alex Zvada after the really interesting FT video he did last weekend...).

Thanks to everyone who made nice or supportive comments here - they helped, especially when I'd got home with some of the plane in pieces and some bits still up a tree...

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I'm not sure whether a scratch-built foam board plane is ever really "finished", as such. That said, whilst I still need to cut out a few more roundels and finish the markings, and will no doubt make a few adjustments as I get more used to flying it, I think I'm calling this one "done". So - this is the final update in this thread from me, with some in-flight pictures my daughter took for me. Overall I'm really pleased with how this went, and I think I'm ready to do a second "Master Series" style design. It will be something very different, and I think I've now decided what it will be (you can blame Alex Zvada after the really interesting FT video he did last weekend...).

Thanks to everyone who made nice or supportive comments here - they helped, especially when I'd got home with some of the plane in pieces and some bits still up a tree...

View attachment 164898 View attachment 164899 View attachment 164900 View attachment 164901 View attachment 164902
You really did an awesome job on it, it looks sooo good in the air!

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member

View attachment 164898 View attachment 164899 View attachment 164900 View attachment 164901 View attachment 164902
Those pictures look so good, Nice job on the paint. It looks real in the first pic of the nose on shot.

shadeyB

Legendary member
+1 and a bump to the thread
we need plans for this one!
massive thumbs up on your efforts with this plane - fantastic