Hello everyone!

lilestred

Hi Everybody! New to the Forum here, I have been a long time stalker of the group and just had an incident today that finally made me create a forum account. After watching hundreds of hours of Josh and Josh on youtube I decided to scratch build my very first foam plane. I chose the simple storch as my first foam build as I dont have much flight experience other than a hobby zone champ and a Frankenstein flying wing that I purchased off of a friend. And a few flights with a Hobbico Next star nitro trainer that had the auto leveling thing on the bottom of it that I bought used from another friend, which the old 27 megahertz controller malfunctioned and crashed on my second or third flight totaling the plane. That put me on the fence with the hobby after spending so much time getting everything perfect on it and I have not done anything sense. Than a few weeks ago when I decided to get out my stuff and build this storch. I do have a few RC trucks that I mess around with so I am not a complete amateur to RC stuff just not a whole lot of RC aircraft.

Well anyway this morning was a great day in Florida with very little wind and I decided to take out the storch that I finished a few days ago. The plane flew great and was so easy to control I was really shocked and started having a great time. Long story short I ended up getting it stuck in a tree just high enough that I couldnt get it down. Decided to bring my truck over to get on top of it and while moving my truck I ended up running over my brand new Futaba T6EX Transmitter that I stupidly left sitting on the ground by the tree. Now I say brand new but its actually a few years old as I purchased it new after that 27 Megahertz transmitter malfunctioned. I only had like 3 flights on this thing with the wing. It didnt even have any scratches on it yet. Needless to say I am very upset at my self. I bought this thing brand new and it was a great investment at 200 bucks. Oh well looks like I will be down for a while until I can get another one. On a much happier note I am excited to be finally joining the group after hearing everyone on almost every video telling me to. I am excited to get back into the flight aspect of things. I have laughed and laughed at the videos that you guys put out and also learned a lot of things that I didnt know the first time getting into the hobby I wish that I would have been able to watch all these my first time around. My wife says that I am crazy for trying to get back into flying but I really have a love for it and the trucks just dont give me as much pleasure as flying that Hobbico next star did that first time it lifted off the ground.

For anyone interested I attached two pictures of the transmitter. I have to say that thing took a pretty good beating and it was still on but unfortunately the case is all cracked and two of the potentiometers are screwed and one of the pcb boards is cracked. I dont think its fixable.

Attachments

• WP_20160217_002[1].jpg
    WP_20160217_002[1].jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • WP_20160217_001[1].jpg
    WP_20160217_001[1].jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Damn man that sucks. Welcome to the funny farm though. Keep an eye on the for sale section, you never know when someone is getting rid of an old radio

lilestred

Just an FYI if anyone wants to buy any parts from this thing let me know and I will see if its still in one piece.