Hello nice to meet you. Thinking of starting out noob questions.

Clienad

Hi there,

Daniel here nice to meet you and hope that we can all build great things together.

Thank you for taking a look at my post. I am just thinking of starting out and having watched FT videos on You tube would like to build a training plane. I know this has probably been asked a thousand times but would like to know as there seems to be no sticky post dealing with this.

1.) I am interested in the FT Explorer Get Started Package kit. Now I am wondering if I should by one base kit and one quick assemble kit that can be used for spares should I inevitably plow it into the base ball cage that I am intending to fly it in. There are not too many open expances in Japan in which to fly.
i.e Will I have to buy new props, motors or servos even if I buy the simple build kit.

1a.) Are there any bylaws I have to be aware of when trying to fly this kit?

2.) Do you have any ideas for small kids builds that I can build with my daughter that are just gliders and don't require complex construction but are a bit more interesting than building a paper aeroplane?

3.) If I blow something like a servo by over amping can I get a new one at any local hardware store or are the parts supplied only comaptible with parts sold on your store?

4.) Lastly what is a crafty kit?

Thank you for your help.

よろしくお願いします!

Last edited:

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Welcome to the forum :)

Because the Explorer is a pusher, it's pretty easy on props, and you probably won't break a motor.

You'll have to check on the laws in your local area, they are very different depending on where you are in the world.

The FT Sparrow is an easy to build chuck glider, that can be converted to powered RC if you like.

I doubt you'll find servos and stuff at the hardware store, but any hobby shop will be able to get you back in the air if you break something.

The crafty kit (https://store.flitetest.com/ft-crafty-kit/) is a collection of useful tools and accessories. Definitely worth looking at if you're just starting out.