Hello World!

Hello everyone! My name is Lucas and I live just a few hours north of FT HQ in Michigan. First off I would like to thank everyone that is a part of FT as you guys have helped me get in to a hobby that I have dreamed of doing since I was a kid! So a little background about myself...

I initially got in to RC at a young age when my dad bought me my first RC touring car at 9. I raced rc cars for years up until I was 13 and our house was broken in to and all of my RC stuff was stolen :(. I have always been fond of flying, so much so that my mom got me a private flight with a friend of hers in a Cessna 172 for my 13th bday! I always wanted to pursue full scale aviation, but we never had the money for me to even get started. I got out of RC for a long time, but became very fond of real cars as aviation was too cost prohibitive. I ended up going to school for automotive and had my first job as a paid intern at a dealership at 16, working under a master tech. I ended up leaving the field of wrenching when I found a job as an engineering technician for an aftermarket suspension company, and 7 years later I am still here. In my time as a tech I grew fond of not just racing my cars, but drifting as imo it's the peak of driver skill and car building. Racing is.. expensive. And over the last year I have moved away from racing as much and, thanks to FT's videos on YouTube, decided to spend a little cash on RC stuff again. I bought an Mini Arrow kit, built it, flew it for 10 min and managed to smash it in to a pole and completely destroyed it! I have since scratch built an Mini Trainer (should have done that the first time lol) and built a few FPV quads. I have to say I am in love with RC flight! And with FPV tech now flying RC is simply awesome :). Attached is a pic of my Gremlin that I am going to maiden later this afternoon. Once again thanks FT for all you do, you have made me fall in love with flight all over again!
20171207_113526.jpg

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Hello Lucas.

Thank you for the pleasant intro and the photo of your Gremlin. I do like those prop guards and your choice of prop colors will aid old eyes like mine in knowing where the front is. What are your thoughts on those guards?

Welcome to the forum.
-Jim

Hello Lucas.

Thank you for the pleasant intro and the photo of your Gremlin. I do like those prop guards and your choice of prop colors will aid old eyes like mine in knowing where the front is. What are your thoughts on those guards?

Welcome to the forum.
-Jim
Thanks for the warm welcome Jim :)

The guards feel pretty stout even though I had to chop them apart to make them fit. They are very flexible, enough so that the props will most likely come in contact with them on a hard impact. I am going to be flying this indoors in my house and also in the warehouse at work so I wanted to make sure property wouldn't get damaged if I do something stupid (which I will haha) like running full speed in to new products on our shelves. I am not too concerned about the props themselves as I now have like 10 sets thanks to EMAX only selling them 20 at a time. But we will see how well they hold up. Honestly I shopped around for guards and the Babyhawk has some of the least expensive I could find. I cut them apart in the center, then used the ones that protruded inward the most on the front in an attempt to keep the front props as guarded as possible.