Help getting started with FPV

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
It's going to come stock with "rubber duck" dipole antennas. They will work, but they won't give you the best reception.

One more word of advice, I'd get goggles or a headplay type monitor instead of a standalone monitor. I initially bought a standalone monitor due to price (most goggle options were hundreds of dollars more last year). I never felt very connected to the FPV experience. Last month, I picked up some Cyclops V2 and wish I would have had them all along. When you wear goggles, it allows you to block out all the distractions and solely focus on the FPV experience. Now that you can get quality goggle styles for $100 or less, I'd recommend to start there.

My initial investment of a monitor was wasted as I only use it for people to ride along.

Clark Wesley

It's going to come stock with "rubber duck" dipole antennas. They will work, but they won't give you the best reception.

One more word of advice, I'd get goggles or a headplay type monitor instead of a standalone monitor. I initially bought a standalone monitor due to price (most goggle options were hundreds of dollars more last year). I never felt very connected to the FPV experience. Last month, I picked up some Cyclops V2 and wish I would have had them all along. When you wear goggles, it allows you to block out all the distractions and solely focus on the FPV experience. Now that you can get quality goggle styles for $100 or less, I'd recommend to start there.

My initial investment of a monitor was wasted as I only use it for people to ride along.

I would like to start with a monitor as its something I'm already used to for filming with drones for cinematography as well as being able to maintain line of sight/quick reference as to where the plane is. If I want to get goggles I will down the line. Do you know if these,

https://store.flitetest.com/immersionnrc-5-8-ghz-spironet-antenna-set-rhcp-sma-connector/

Will work as an antenna to improve the signal quality with the correct fitting and connection?

I could then use these later with goggles. You seem to know your Fpv, any recommendations on a nice set of goggles and if you can link up both the monitor and the goggles with the same camera (can the camera transmit to two different receivers on the same frequency)?

Thanks for the help, French!

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
Just make sure your antennas match the item you are screwing them onto. There are two types of plugs (SMA and RP-SMA)
822fe9ba049257eb8b272ee7233b34661eb27c08.jpg

Note which have a pin in the middle.

If you start getting into circular polarized antennas, you'll want to be sure they match up Left Hand Polarized (LHCP) or Right Hand Polarized (RHCP).

For budget goggle options, check these out:

Also the Quanum Cyclops V2
110622.jpg

or Eachine VR D2 Pro with DVR
80e4a6db-853d-4c92-ae77-c224cacf78a7.jpg

Signals are generally standard. Most transmitters and receivers allow at least 40 channels now. You'll be able to match up signals.
41MTK2z3VnL.jpg

Clark Wesley

Awesome, now I just have to figure out my power to the onboard camera and I'm good. Hyperion changed the connector to power instead if the servo connection. I have a bunch of 3.7V 380 mAh 35c lipos from another small drone and I should be able to solder the new connection poinT if they don't match up.

Thanks again for the quick information. Looks like my mighty minis will become some small FPV machines. I got all excited about it after their new fpv Mig video and wanted to get something figured out if I make it to flite fest.