Help! How do I buddy box.

Crazed Scout Pilot

I was just wondering if any buddy new how to buddy box a Radio Master TX 16 and a Spectrum DX6i I appreciate your help.
IMG_8270.JPG

Bricks

Master member
All I now is you are going to have to do wired buddy boxing as the TX16 does not support wireless.

Foamforce

All I now is you are going to have to do wired buddy boxing as the TX16 does not support wireless.

It can support wireless in a couple roundabout ways.

The first is that if you have an external module, like an ERLS module in the back bay, then you can use the internal module to connect to another radio. That doesn’t work for me though because I only have the internal module.

The other way is that you can apparently use a receiver hooked up to the TX16s, and bind the other radio to that. I’ve heard of the receiver being connected via the trainer jack and I’ve also heard about it being connected via the serial ports on the bottom. I’ve been trying to get that to work but haven’t yet. I know that it takes an inverted sbus signal, so I bought an sbus inverter, and I think I have all the settings set up correctly, but I haven’t gotten it to work yet. Has anybody else tried this? I really like this approach because the TX16s provides the power to the receiver so you don’t have to have an extra battery for that. It’s an elegant approach if only I could make it work.

Crazed Scout Pilot

The first is that if you have an external module, like an ERLS module in the back bay, then you can use the internal module to connect to another radio. That doesn’t work for me though because I only have the internal module.

The other way is that you can apparently use a receiver hooked up to the TX16s, and bind the other radio to that. I’ve heard of the receiver being connected via the trainer jack and I’ve also heard about it being connected via the serial ports on the bottom. I’ve been trying to get that to work but haven’t yet. I know that it takes an inverted sbus signal, so I bought an sbus inverter, and I think I have all the settings set up correctly, but I haven’t gotten it to work yet. Has anybody else tried this? I really like this approach because the TX16s provides the power to the receiver so you don’t have to have an extra battery for that. It’s an elegant approach if only I could make it work.
Thank you very much for your helpful and detailed response. I have a Spectrum receiver on the way so when it comes I'll have to give it a try.

Bricks

Master member

o

That is a lot considering a cable is easier or another Spektrum transmitter this is the area I like my DX9 15 seconds I can buddy with any other Spektrum radio.

Foamforce

That is a lot considering a cable is easier or another Spektrum transmitter this is the area I like my DX9 15 seconds I can buddy with any other Spektrum radio.

Well that’s true! I’d like to try out Buddy boxing with a Spectrum sometime, it sounds easy. My only experience has been with FlySky, which has bizarre quirks. On Spektrum, do you have to do anything on the student radio with regards to airplane specific settings? On my FlySky i6x I have to copy all the trims over which is an annoyance.