• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Pumpkin drop event

Help!!! im not even sure what my problem is other than my quad falls out of the sky!

So I can take off. But then when I go above or below mid throttle-ish, it decides to flip over. First I thought it was the gyro. Then the esc because I realized they had different versions flashed. Now I'm suspicious of one of the motors because it feels looser than the rest. But when I test the motors from betaflight, they all work fine, with very little vibration. I can only see the issue when I actually try to fly, not even with the props off from my tx. So i'm not even sure which motor it is, if thats the problem. (started happening after a very minor crash)

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Is it always the same arm that drops? I had a similar situation that was caused by a bad motor. Under load (props on) and over half throttle and it would stop. Could also be the ESC though, the easy way to tell would be to swap 2 motors and see if the problem follows or remains on the same corner. If it follows the motor it's a bad motor, if it stays it's the ESC.