Help needed for understanding fpv

alex_diener_6

I am a new pilot who plans on getting into FPV in the near future. Now I've done research and understand somewhat how fpv works. The part I could never wrap my head around is what is compatible with what. I understand there are different bands and stuff but I'm not sure how to tell what works with what. If someone can help me that would be amazing.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
It's quite simple. You can't mix frequencies. Any camera that has a video out can be used, though it might not be a good idea. The video delay could end your day when you crash into a tree before you even see it. Brands or makers of fpv equipment doesn't matter, as long as the frequency is the same you should see the video. Other than that it's pretty simple.

Montiey

Master Tinkerer
Watch out for Fatshark / Immersion, and Boscam bands. I don't do FPV but I'm pretty sure they run a different protocol, or a very slightly different frequency. If you can, get a set that is known to work, or even sold together.

RCLB

Watch also for the voltage feeding the equipment, that's important, I´m rather new also and I started with an Aomway transmitter/Camera combo (they both run on 12 volts so I could feed it from my 3s battery), diversity 40 Ch receiver and 8" monitor from Stone Blue Airlines and been having tons of fun! Hope it helps, and have a great flight

Richmond2000

basically there are 5 "BANDS" A, B, C, D, race band and each band has 8 channels for a 40 channel TOTAL
BUT the BANDS are on top of each other and centred around 5.8 GHZ

FPV%20bands_zpsfgyv7r0v.jpg

freqchart.jpg

Last edited:

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Boy do I like clear and concise information! What a chart!

For thse not knowing, the frequencies listed are in MHz which is 1/1000 of a GHz, ie. 5.8 GHz = 5800 MHz.

Thanks for posting Richmond2000.:cool:

Jugsy

Yep, just match up your MHz! I know a few products out there are listed with "only compatible with brand x" but that usually just means at the time of the release, if not a straight up lie.