help with Creality

sundown57

Legendary member
ok i downloaded both marlins . do i start by opening arduino ? or open marlin2 then open marlin 2 bug fix ?

sundown57

Legendary member
i even tried to copy and paste config h and config adv h from the new marlin to the old one and it still failed to the problem is in the config h file of the bugfix marlin.

sundown57

Legendary member
just fyi , i have a dr appointment so i need to leave here in half hour. not too sure what shape ill be in when i get back so if you dont see me for a while youll know why. but im hoping to resume this as soon as i get home.

sundown57

Legendary member
oh and BTW. do NOT use th3d AT ALL. they put a block in their marlin firmware to block all creality products or any other product they dont sell. such as the bltouch. took 2 days to learn that one

Zetoyoc

Elite member
@sundown57 if you havent watched this yet. it is very good at going over the code and firmware setup step by step from getting and installing needed software to importing and editing.. he has a later video on sting up the bltouch but on a different board. if oyu folow this it is easier to grab the marlin 2.0 instead of the bugfix one as suggested. it is now newer since the vid is a bit dated

Last edited:

sundown57

Legendary member
i think i might know the problem. I had to put an arduino and a saguino folder in the arduino file in library.. I got them from th3d with an instruction page how to install them. then. I found out today TH3d wrote a block on their marlin files so you can not install anything they did not sell you. gonna try throwing it all way and see if i can start ovr

sundown57

Legendary member
ok, so yes this seems to be the issue. i delete every thing to do with both marlin and arduion, downloaded a fresh copy and bot the arduino and saguino boards are now missing. meaning Now i dont know where to find them other then th3d.

kilroy07

Legendary member
Okay, I'm back...
I know we (I) keep sending you videos to watch... But (for at least me personally) this is how I learned.... (well that and a lot of trial and error... mostly error...)

Right at 3:22 it shows the step you need to add support for the ender board.

sundown57

Legendary member
Okay, I'm back...
I know we (I) keep sending you videos to watch... But (for at least me personally) this is how I learned.... (well that and a lot of trial and error... mostly error...)

Right at 3:22 it shows the step you need to add support for the ender board.
right, i too watch videos , lots of them second by second. not sure what im doing wrong , i followed this video to the letter and as you can see in my screen shot I have sanguino board installed but it fails every time I also have the U8gilb installed

kilroy07

Legendary member
okay, right at the end he mentions he had to plug the USB into the rear port on the board not the front....
have you tried both?

sundown57

Legendary member
i did. i have 4 and tried all 4 . I also tried just to compile with out uploading , and that failed also, so its in the program somewhere