HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Thought about that but I'm looking to be able to grow with the receiver I buy. This way when I step in the world of rc I don't have to keep buying receivers

MrClean

Do you have a regular 4 cell Nicad or one of those dry cell battery packs? I'd like to eliminate the BEC of your speed controller. In the book they are showing you a normal flight pack, that's all they're doing BUT I'll sometimes just hook up the electronics minus the speed controller just so I can check flight controls without worry about the motor coming on. If the BEC circuitry has a bad cap and is instead feeding your RX pulsing DC, it would look kinda like that.

Well, at least it answers the other question I asked you in another thread.

CrashRecovery

Mentor
No and nothing I have will fit the plug on the receiver. I tried two different escs as well. Still nothing changed the result.

any other bright ideas

Last edited:

CrashRecovery

Mentor
Ah no. As far as I know I'm one of the few park flyers in my area. Most of my buddies think its cool to build them but have no idea the craving I have to build a new plane each day. My problem is I need to get better at the basic stuff before I get too involved.

CrashRecovery

Mentor
Ok stupid question here. When I set what mode I want. Like mode 1 or mode 2 after I select mode 2 it asks me thro reverse? But I can't figure out how to change it and its not in the instructions?

earthsciteach

You can change it under the menu. Or, hit exit to refuse. I think. The 9x is one of those things you have to play around with to figure out for yourself.

CrashRecovery

Mentor
Imagine this..... Eat some food watch a Kevin smith movie..... And play with it again............ IT WORKS!!!!!!! Put it on ppm and what ever else I changed but it works!!!!!! Only issue is getting the throttle to work right. Motor does not start turning till 50 percent. Going to watch the flight test connecting electronics and make sure I'm doing it ok

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Imagine this..... Eat some food watch a Kevin smith movie..... And play with it again............ IT WORKS!!!!!!! Put it on ppm and what ever else I changed but it works!!!!!! Only issue is getting the throttle to work right. Motor does not start turning till 50 percent. Going to watch the flight test connecting electronics and make sure I'm doing it ok

Set the throttle endpoints, what ESC are you using?

CrashRecovery

Mentor
The thing I might have missed was that the elevons were at zero across the board and that might be why I saw no movement. Stupid noobie mistake. Guess I should check values next time

CrashRecovery

Mentor
Everything moves the way it should. Once mounted ill have to make sure I get the servos going the right way

MrClean

First off, which Kevin Smith movie? 2nd, which ESC and how many cells do you have plugged into it? I got nothing here but am looking for anything. 4 cells on a 2-3 cell ESC that actually will take more then 3 cells but not a freshly charged 4 cell? I don't know BUT try it with a battery just off the charger.

The only bad thing is, it's too late to fly now. Unless you put lights on that f-22. In which case I'll be looking for my flight video tomorrow morning.

Keep us updated, please?

CrashRecovery

Mentor
Chasing Amy

Ok here are the specs.
TX FlySky TH9X
RX FlySky FS-R9B and two R8Bs. Currently playing with the 9B.
batt. Grayson hobby 3cell 600 mAh 30c battery. I own 4 of them.
ESC Grayson Hobby 18amp programmable brushless.
motor Grayson Hobby Foamie combo motor 1100kv
servos tower pro mg90 9grams x2

thats what I have been playing with tonight. I think me not knowing to set the values for the alerions and elevators in the elevon setting is what tripped me up.
I work till 6pm tomorrow, then pull at 24 at the guard base and don't get off till 7am. If I don't finish the plane tomorrow, it will be coming to work and be finished there. Who know I might fly it. Though I do work on an airport and rc is a no no on a active airfield. Maybe I'll take it out just to make sure everything works and it stay in the air. Will just have to keep it on the non taxiway side of the fire house.

MrClean

Nah, no flying at your work, stay employed. 3 cells shouldn't cause a problem so I'm outta ideas but just make sure it's working and do the range test. THAT you can do at the airport with someone holding it for you. Summer is coming with plenty of time for flying.

CrashRecovery

Mentor
I honestly think it was programming. All the values were zeroed out so it did not move under elevon. I had put it back to normal and that's when I noticed things were working. Hobbypartz really did not try to trouble shoot it. A few more steps and they would have had me up and running. Now I have everything turned up, dual rates are set for the moment and so are the expos. A few videos from FT got me all setup for my maiden flight.

IamNabil

I remember when I was new to my 9X. I am a fricken network engineer, and the thing confused me! Glad to hear that you got your 9X sorted.

MrClean

Oh, and I think I still have a morning cough from all the smoking in Chaising Amy. Funny little romance that it is. Some of the extras mentioned he didn't realize just how much smoking was in the movie till the final cut, hey when it bothers a chain smoker thats a lot of smoking. I think he's in town today for the cartoon movie but I've got way to many irons in the fire to get out.