Here is the 1/4 Scale Super cub I won for $20.00

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
Wow, great score! How about I double your initial investment (in CASH!) right now and take that big lump off your hands? :)

Psychron

www.youtube.com/psychron
Lol Joker, you live by your handle eh? :)

I would love to tell you I still have it but some guy offered me $30.00 right after the auction and I loaded it up in his truck for him. lol JK, I actually ended up putting it up on ebay and getting around $600 for it which bought me a mini apprentice S and a whole pile of power packs from the flitetest store. As well as a lifetime supply of dollar tree foam board. I've got a wall full of planes.. half of them flitetest.. I'm going to try out some fusion of Experimental airlines wing design and FT Joining techniques, and mix it up a bit with fuselage design that draws from both EA and FT as well. I figure why mess with the power pods.. they're great as is, but if I can dispense with the a/b folds in favor of the rolled corner design of EA with better finishing like you see with the FT designs... well.. I think I'd be sold.

Now that's not to say I wouldn't mind buying one of these straight up one of these days. My piloting skills are improving to the point where I'd be willing to risk throwing some wood in the air.

I might have to look into a .40 glow or better yet something a tad larger if I could only use mixed gas in it and fly for an hour on a tank.

Last edited: