HobbyZone Sport Cub S v2 + Fat Shark FSV1254 ultra-micro fpv camera. possible hack/workaround?

jolfstn74

Hello! I'm a fan of the youtube channel and podcast for FliteTest, am hoping to gain some assistance here with a small difficulty. Due to endorsement on the youtube channel, I purchased as my first RC airplane the model named in the title, and as promised was up in the air and not crashing (much) from day 1! One of my reasons for selecting this model was the reported compatibility with FPV Fat Shark ultra micro camera/transmitter, and I bought one, albeit possibly the wrong one, I wound up with the Fat Shark FSV1254, and the problem is the plug is incompatible with the one in the plane, has 3 wires, whereas the plane output has only 2 wires (I'm guessing the airplane out wires are electricity + & -, and the 3 wires to the camera are electric + & - and data?) anyone out there familiar with this camera/airplane combo and a possible way to make it work? Frusteratingly the camera came with no directions, only a qr code who linked to FatShark database of product manuals, however, not this product. strange, had lots of other legacy products but not this one. so I'm flying blind, as it were, any help would be, you know, helpful. This is my first post, also, hello all, I look forward to interacting with the group here.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
your in luck, I have that exact micro FPV cam, the connector is the same as a servo connector, you can plug it in an empty servo port to power it up. if you don't have an empty servo port, then you would just need to wire power to a servo like connector (I can't see that signal wire would have any actual usage here.)

jolfstn74

well, thank you kindly, Jason, and so bloody fast! I wrote that question 20 minutes ago! I'll give that a try. Much appreciated!

jolfstn74

seeing as you were able to solve that so easily for me. perhaps you can help with this other problem I have, my girlfriend broke up with me a few months ago, we're still friends but I want her back. She has no electrical or servo wires. Can you recommend a compatible interface to reconcile our interactions to more closely resemble those of last year? She does not bind with any of my remote controls, I've tried already.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
seeing as you were able to solve that so easily for me. perhaps you can help with this other problem I have, my girlfriend broke up with me a few months ago, we're still friends but I want her back. She has no electrical or servo wires. Can you recommend a compatible interface to reconcile our interactions to more closely resemble those of last year? She does not bind with any of my remote controls, I've tried already.

I see 2 possible responses here:
1 - interesting attempt at a joke...
2 - probably time to move on. I have heard very few (if any) cases of relationship -> 'just friends' -> relationship happening successfully. I would suggest working through your feeling with a trained councilor or a trusted friend (that won't just agree with you but is willing to tell you were your wrong, very wrong and crazy wrong) and go from there. Definitely need to first work out why things went from relationship -> just friends... because said reason 99% hasn't gone away (and if it could be related back to 'looking for something else.......)

Bricks

Master member
Look up the cause of the breakup maybe your not on the same frequency as hard as it is some times it is just better to move on to a new product. There very few warranties that will cover breakup it is a part of life.

jolfstn74

thank you for the advice, yes that was a joke, wrong forum for human malfunctions! Everything that goes wrong with my RC items or motorized bike builds, I can eventually figure out what happens and why, Humans have intermittent failures that cannot be repeated and often cannot be explained well either. give me a complex technical build just outside my comfort zone/skill level vs. unpredictable and upsetting human interactions, bugger it all! I'll be in my shop! Thank you all for the warm welcome and assistance! I'm going to like it here!