Hot Glue gun help

Fred98050

Hi,

New to RC and scratch builds. I looked at hot glue gun but I would like to know which one should I get? The store has 10W, 20W and 40W model.
I might need to get 2 models. (?)
Thank you for your advise.

Fred

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
I have the 40w Ad tech 2 temp from Walmart. It was like 6 dollars and works pretty good.

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
I use a 40watt high / low temp hot glue gun that was laying around the house. I think my mother bought it years ago. It doesn't always work the best, but it is old and I got it for free.

I always use the "high" setting. It can melt the foam a bit, but you have plenty of time to lay out long beads and glue up some wings or square tube fuselages.

Definitely go with the 40watt, but anything higher is too hot.

I have the 40w Ad tech 2 temp from Walmart. It was like 6 dollars and works pretty good.

Fred, I agree with nerdnic. The 2 temp Ad Tech glue gun from Wally World is really very good and is recommended by the Flitetest gang. It is the best one I have ever used.

Fred98050

Fred, I agree with nerdnic. The 2 temp Ad Tech glue gun from Wally World is really very good and is recommended by the Flitetest gang. It is the best one I have ever used.

Thanks guys.
I just got my hot glue gun same as Wallmart.
Also received mt FT kits, so now kids and I are ready!!!:)

MT Alex

I have the cordless Surebonder that was previously linked in this thread and I like how well it stays hot, but I don't like the large tip it has. I have been eyeballing the Ad Tech that others have linked, which seems to be similar to the one that Bixler has recently been using, because of its smaller necked down tip. It seems to be more precise and easier to put out a more exacting amount of glue that the Surebonder. It has taken me awhile to be able to do this with mine. In fact, you have to "pre load" the gun by squeezing out a small amount to be able to run a very small tight bead.

Krtismo

I have the cordless Surebonder that was previously linked in this thread and I like how well it stays hot, but I don't like the large tip it has. I have been eyeballing the Ad Tech that others have linked, which seems to be similar to the one that Bixler has recently been using, because of its smaller necked down tip. It seems to be more precise and easier to put out a more exacting amount of glue that the Surebonder. It has taken me awhile to be able to do this with mine. In fact, you have to "pre load" the gun by squeezing out a small amount to be able to run a very small tight bead.

Good info! Thanks!

SteevyT

I'm using that Ad Tech two temp one, it claims it's cordless on the package, but really, it just has a large enough hot mass that you can use it with it powered off for a couple minutes. It seems to work really well though.