how do i scale the plans? ive tried my scale rulers against the scale printed

rondefly

I'm just missing how to scale the plans, there are no dimensions except the ones Josh mentions on the build video. can't seam to match up the inch scale shown on the downloaded plan.
Ron

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
how are you printing them? You can have a print shop scale the full size plans down or I believe you can scale the printing down for the tiled plans in adobe. If I am wrong someone will correct me about the adobe thing

rondefly

scaling plans

I printed them on a 8.5 X 11, and tried to use the scale on the plans for inch. Josh gave the vertical dimensions on the build video but not the horizontal. I have used auto cad before and know it is easy to just print the dimensions, I am trying to build the Bloddy Wonder. I can see the leading and trailing edges are the same angle but cant tell how wide the dimension is at the start of the angles.
Thank you
Ron

rondefly

Scaling plans

Well Ive went to this site ( http://flitetest.com/) articles/how-to-modify-scale-and-reformat-ft-plans and found out there are many others that have the same problem, maybe we all could see if the flite test team could add the dimensions to the plans.I know years ago I used to use Auto Cad and it was very easy to add dimensions as we did on all construction plans. That sure would make all this much more possible. I will keep prodding on to see if I could come to some real dimensions.
Sorry all frustrated Ron