Help! How to replace sticky motor shaft?

Yoshio

Hi there,

yesterday I had a little crash with my carbon cub s+ (horizon hobby) and the motor shaft broke. Problem is that until now I couldn't remove it. The only access I have is from the back of the motor. I went on that ring that holds the shaft with a forceps really hard but it wouldn't move even a bit (tried both: turn the ring and also pull the whole thing out). There are also no screws left holding the motor shaft.

Any Ideas?

IMG-8291.jpg motor shaft.jpg

leaded50

Legendary member
either pressed on, or a small C-clip holds it. Its a set screw there it seems, and suppose bacuse the crash it get stuck.. try pry it off, or set in wisegrip and use a dowel

Bricks

Master member
There are small allen head set screw in the front of the bell need to get these loose first. Then you will need a punch to drive the shaft out the back, or pull the C clip and drive out forwards. When takeing the C clip off put the motor in a plastic baggie and work inside the baggie as those nasty litle clips have a tendency to fly away never to be found again.

Yoshio

either pressed on, or a small C-clip holds it. Its a set screw there it seems, and suppose bacuse the crash it get stuck.. try pry it off, or set in wisegrip and use a dowel
As mentioned there are no screws left. I removed them. There is also no C-clip and never was.

Yoshio

There are small allen head set screw in the front of the bell need to get these loose first. Then you will need a punch to drive the shaft out the back, or pull the C clip and drive out forwards. When takeing the C clip off put the motor in a plastic baggie and work inside the baggie as those nasty litle clips have a tendency to fly away never to be found again.
No C-clip, no screws. I think it just needs some good power to loosen. Will try with a heavy bold and a hammer. After watching some videos it became clear that those shafts sit really tight.