How to start with FPV flying | FPV freestyle | VLOG

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
We are pretty much on the same page when it comes to quads. I think one of the things that pushes people away from self built stuff is the thinking that you HAVE to buy everything all at once which adds up to a nice chunk of change really fast.

I agree that a good radio is the first purchase needed instead of getting a 60 dollar radio that will brown out in short range and have so much less scale ability to the quad copter hobby. Using sims while you save money or buy parts a few at a time until you have a complete quad build ready is the best thing as well.

I get a lot of people say that I have really expensive gear and I can afford to be in the hobby. What they don't see is I have been in the hobby over two years now and it was closer to three years when I started researching the hobby and saving up to get into it. I bought a Walkera Runner 250 RTF with the Devo 7. Worst way to get into the hobby but like many others I did not know better. I DID however research the heck out of it and I knew before it arrived what the quirks were, what the fixes were as well as had my own ideas to make it more resilient. To this day I can still plug a battery in it and go fly (once I blow the dust off it).

Everything after that was bought in pieces and put together over time. Same with upgrades and such. Good planning is key and that only comes from knowledge and that requires time and a lot of reading or watching videos.

Everyone these days seems to want instant gratification and only put in the minimum effort to get what they want. Some wont even put the effort in which is why so may of the low end prebuilts sell so much. That leads us to the "Everyone can fly a drone" mentality when in fact everyone can NOT fly a drone. With the tech available anyone can put one in the air but not everyone can fly it.

With your skills and popularity as a pilot I hope some people take the time and heed your advise as they will be better, more able pilots which will in turn make them safer pilots for knowing more what they do and how it all works.