I don't know what to buy

moonpie

Hey guys, right now I'm in the process of building my first multi-rotor (it's an H-quad to be exact) and im designing and 3D printing the frame. the problem is that i know really nothing about motors. i want to be able to do fpv with it once i get good at flying so i would need powerful enough motors to hold my gopro with the fpv equipment and the weight of the 3D printed plastic frame and they would need to be durable because it is my first multi-rotor so i will most likely crash it a lot. i was hoping you guys could give me some suggestions on what motors to use. thanks!

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
How big is the frame? What do you want to do with it? For example, do you want it for aerobatics, taking pictures, or flying FPV?

moonpie

well i really want to do FPV so after i get comfortable with flying i would do FPV mostly. i cant really see myself doing aerobatics with it. the frame will be an H quad with 10" by 1/2" booms so it would be like what the flite test guys use for their quads but mine is the solid plastic and I'm thinking it will be a little heavier than just using wood. and for fpv i would probably use my gopro (i added that part because i would think a gopro would weigh a little more than the circuit board cameras)

engineer

10"x10" frame? Maybe 7-8" props, would give 2-3" between blade tips. Is that enough for a gopro? 1400 kv and 15-20 amp esc on 3s? There are so many possible power combos for this range i think.