I fried an ESC

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Yup them big emax motors will do that with a quickness. Specially if D gains are too high

Kiss likes higher P gains and low D gains. Unlike Betaflight where the safe range of P and D gains is much wider.

I been rippin the snot out of an RR5 Alien with 24 amp escs for over 3 years on 4s and 5s with no issues tuning like that.

For Kiss I dont let D gains go above 20. If they do I drop them back to 10 and up P gains more then go back and smooth it out with D.

ebeez

Yup them big emax motors will do that with a quickness. Specially if D gains are too high

Kiss likes higher P gains and low D gains. Unlike Betaflight where the safe range of P and D gains is much wider.

I been rippin the snot out of an RR5 Alien with 24 amp escs for over 3 years on 4s and 5s with no issues tuning like that.

For Kiss I dont let D gains go above 20. If they do I drop them back to 10 and up P gains more then go back and smooth it out with D.

Hey PsyBog!! Good to hear from you my friend!!

My D's are R13.5, P13.95 and Y4. P's are low ... R4.26, P4.7 and Y9.27. I too keep my D below 20 as I had warm ESC's with anything over 20. I've seem some folks running with 21 and 22 but not sure for how long. One thing i did notice is that the ESC that fried was version 1.03 where the others are 1.08. not sure if that makes a difference. All had the same f/w flashed.

Thank you for chiming in!! Always appreciated!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Other then yaw P being higher you are really close to what my tune is.

I run the original lumenieer 2306 2350kv motors on mine. That leaves the emax motors pulling more current.

What props you fly? I fly Dal Cyclones on everything I fly. 5x4.6x3 tri or 5050 bi blades for speed. I now have 5x4x3 tris to check out to see if I can come out of corners faster.

The big emax motors I been running act like big block chevys. Lotsa torque but the speed pulls late out of a turn. But dam its a rush when I have enough room for it to wind up. Its like hitting warp speed.

Heres a vid last year of the first runs with Taz. You can really see that speed lurch on the last lap flag to flag.

Last edited:

ebeez

Other then yaw P being higher you are really close to what my tune is.

I run the original lumenieer 2306 2350kv motors on mine. That leaves the emax motors pulling more current.

What props you fly? I fly Dal Cyclones on everything I fly. 5x4.6x3 tri or 5050 bi blades for speed. I now have 5x4x3 tris to check out to see if I can come out of corners faster.

The big emax motors I been running act like big block chevys. Lotsa torque but the speed pulls late out of a turn. But dam its a rush when I have enough room for it to wind up. Its like hitting warp speed.

Heres a vid last year of the first runs with Taz. You can really see that speed lurch on the last lap flag to flag.

I use the HQ 5X4.3X3. Nice video! Yes they do act like a big block! Good analogy!! I use HQ 5X4X3 on my Reverb with the Brother Hobby 2306-2450. With my tune on that one it's a really good match.