I gave my wife my old DJI phantom...

Darkback2

Not sure if this was a good idea or a bad one. I gave my wife my DJI phantom. We went out the other day and I showed her how to fly it. Now she wants to take it to the beach for the fireworks...(public beach with crazy town folks shooting off fireworks... I told her not to fly it over people...she plans to fly it out over the water where the action is.

I've created a monster.

DB

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Yeah yer in for it for sure. Start saving money now she will be taking over all your gear in short order. No fear or nervousness at all. Most woman get all squeaky and bouncy when doing stuff like that. She was like lets do this and before you answer off she was. I was shocked when she went right for high altitude and not the standard eye level hover first.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
hehe like I said no fear. Zoom!!!! and off she goes. She does good with stills and composition with the hand held cameras so once she learns the slow is better mantra for panning and run in / away with the quad for the videos that will up her game a bit with AP. Does your gimbal use the head tracking or is it set up on the radio? I think she flys well enough you could set her up with head tracking for the camera and manual flight on the sticks to coordinate shooting as well. My apologies for using "She" so much as I don't know her name or FPV handle to replace that with.

Darkback2

Her handle is BlondeGirlFpv but she isn't a member of the forum yet so...she isn't giving out her name yet for safety reasons, but "she" works just fine. The quad she is using currently is my old phantom, I think at this point in a year or so we'll step her into one of the bigger newer quads and also get her a nicer pair of goggles. She is also a potter, paraglider, and photographer so most of her disposable goes to those hobbies. Then again I can see her caving early.

She is fearless though!

DB

Darkback2

Went down to Langley to play pokemon go and fly the quads...She ended up giving just about every last kid in the park a ride. Lots of happy parents.

DB

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
You should know by now these things are kiddie magnets. The electronic generation has built in radar for this techie cool stuff. Good to see you guys promoting the hobby properly by answering questions and interacting nicely with people. I think its also great you bring a spare viewing device so inquisitive people can see what's so darn cool. If I am able to go somewhere besides the back field to fly I will certainly bring my monitor so anyone wanting to see what I am doing can do it and I wont have to hand over my new goggles.

I took a friend for a ride this evening he was like I'm gonna fall off this bench if you do another flip like that. Does Blondgirl have that inertia problem too or has she gotten over it already? I am forcing myself to be conscious of doing that Stevie Wonder thing with my head as it agitates my neck problems.

Btw thanks for peeking in my goggle thread and commenting. I got a bad habit of reading stuff and not answering some times.

Darkback2

My wife is smarter than I am. She wasn't comfortable flying in a new place...so she didn't. In that situation I usually end up screwing something up.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
DB,
You definitely have a keeper! It's great that you both enjoy flying together.

Cheers!
LitterBug

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Wahoo!! more footage. Looks like you guys are on a road trip and enjoying yourselves. You can see Blondegirl has been practicing with the Phantom as she has gotten a lot smoother with the controls. Beautiful scenery as well. that river looked good enough I wanted to jump in. Specially today with 90+ heat and the heat index well over 100 at 10 am...

One question now the she is coming out of her shell and speaking. Do you have a lapel mic by chance? I usually run my tv volume at 18 for normal sound and when she was speaking I had to take it to near 40 to hear what she was saying until the wind took over and I had to cut the volume wayyy back. I assume you are doing the editing and it would be easy to add a separate track just like the music. The hard part would be syncing her speech to her mouth movements though.

Anyway well done and beautiful scenery. I am looking forward to more of the adventures.