Pigfarm1403

Builder
Does anybody know how I can get my hands on the plans for the Flite Test Founders airplane. It's one of the perks for the indigo-go donations but the price is a bit high and I just want the plans, not the kit or any of the other perks. I want to use the plans to make a 300% version using 6 motors and fly it at Flite Fest. I want to make a flag ship out of it really to help kind of advertise their indigo-go campaign. If Anybody knows how I can get my hands on a set of plans please reply.

Last edited:

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
According to the indiegogo page it looks like only founders are going to have access to the kit/plans for the time being. The description for the reward tier says that it will be available to the general public in kit and plan form after Flite Fest this year.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
They did luckily provide a picture of the plane and one could try and make a similar plane based off of the photo.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
The idea of having things as a REWARD to people for supporting it is just that. It is meant to be FOR someone who can support at the assigned level as a gift of thanks. Why would you even ask for something like this? I would love to have a life time membership to the new place but I know the level I can and do support FT does not warrant it. To me this seems disrespectful to even ask for something not earned let alone not intended for the general public at this time.

Sorry to sound like a jerk but all the gimmie giimmies appearing here lately are really startin to irk me. FT does so much for everyone its time to give them a hand in thanks for what they do not to leach more. At least have the respect for them to wait the short time for the public release of this stuff should they even want to make it public.

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
You see Dan asking for the free plans in the comments on the indiegogo page lol. hes the one that makes the plans fyi

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Dan also made a decent contribution, contributes here in other ways as well, and in reality was more then likely kidding around since he does in fact take care of the plans for FT.

A founders edition plane is not a necessity to promote the campaign if that is a true desire. I find it uncouth and manipulative to try and get something clearly designed and planned for a special reason in a manor other then intended by specific conditions set to obtain it.
Specially when the cause of the campaign is benefiting the community as a whole and the item will be available to all under normal conditions (free) at a later date.

Lastly that whole "I'm poor" thing will never fly with me. Saying your poor as an excuse to get a toy gets no traction when others are still going hungry in this world.

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
Capture.JPG

Pigfarm1403

Builder
Not doing it out of greed.

I want to make a flagship out of it to get the plane and the message a lot of recognition. If i just wanted the plane I would have just asked for the kit itself. I think it would be a cool build to scale up and fly it at an event. I am mainly doing it in support for the indigo-go campaign. I can't afford to donate a large sum of money but I can build a plane that gets the word out to other people who can afford to do so.

Pigfarm1403

Builder
The idea of having things as a REWARD to people for supporting it is just that. It is meant to be FOR someone who can support at the assigned level as a gift of thanks. Why would you even ask for something like this? I would love to have a life time membership to the new place but I know the level I can and do support FT does not warrant it. To me this seems disrespectful to even ask for something not earned let alone not intended for the general public at this time.

Sorry to sound like a jerk but all the gimmie giimmies appearing here lately are really starting to irk me. FT does so much for everyone its time to give them a hand in thanks for what they do not to leach more. At least have the respect for them to wait the short time for the public release of this stuff should they even want to make it public.

I am absolutely not doing this out of greed. I can't afford to donate a large sum of money but I can build a plane that helps get the word out to people that can. If I could afford to buy this I would immediately but that is not an option for me right now. I'm just trying to support the campaign t the best of my ability.

RMDC

Honestly, I'd pick a model that's more immediately identifiable with the Flite Test brand, that also has plenty of surface area for a unique paint job. The Guinea Pig comes to mind, as does the Simple Cub. The Guinea Pig exemplifies the DIY / experimental attitude of the FT community; the Simple Cub represents the love of aviation and a dedication to simplicity. Plus, the founders' plane looks like it has a Cubby sort of profile anyway.

Pigfarm1403

Builder
Build contrainsts

With the build I'm going to be more specific about the message the plane is sending. Although both the Guini Pig and the Cub are great representatives of Flite Test as a whole I would like to be more specific about their dream of the world of flight park. Plus I'm going to use 6 b pack motors and I can't see a way to do that with the simple cub.

lrussi750

Rogue Pilot
Mentor
With the build I'm going to be more specific about the message the plane is sending. Although both the Guini Pig and the Cub are great representatives of Flite Test as a whole I would like to be more specific about their dream of the world of flight park. Plus I'm going to use 6 b pack motors and I can't see a way to do that with the simple cub.

So the plan is to make a 300% model, power with 6 tiny motors, and fly it at FliteFest. I'm not trying to bring you down but this is not a good idea and some more thought needs to be put into this plan.

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
I want to make a flagship out of it to get the plane and the message a lot of recognition. If i just wanted the plane I would have just asked for the kit itself. I think it would be a cool build to scale up and fly it at an event. I am mainly doing it in support for the indigo-go campaign. I can't afford to donate a large sum of money but I can build a plane that gets the word out to other people who can afford to do so.

how about a 400% version? go big, right?

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
Honestly, I'd pick a model that's more immediately identifiable with the Flite Test brand, that also has plenty of surface area for a unique paint job. The Guinea Pig comes to mind, as does the Simple Cub. The Guinea Pig exemplifies the DIY / experimental attitude of the FT community; the Simple Cub represents the love of aviation and a dedication to simplicity. Plus, the founders' plane looks like it has a Cubby sort of profile anyway.

or as a tribute to josh and all he has done maybe a 500% pietenpol...

Pigfarm1403

Builder
I said the same thing!

When the pietenpol came out I said in the comments about 5 seconds into to build a Giant Pietenpol. Thats actually a pretty good idea.

Pigfarm1403

Builder
Don't worry

So the plan is to make a 300% model, power with 6 tiny motors, and fly it at FliteFest. I'm not trying to bring you down but this is not a good idea and some more thought needs to be put into this plan.

This is not my first experience with larger airplane. Last year at Flite Fest I built and flew a 10ft wingspan lancaster bomber with 4 b-pack motors and recently finished building an 8ft wingspan fpv glider twin engine. Both of these plans flew great and I know I can make a 300% version of this plane.