I'm a Shark!

sundown57

Legendary member
New problem. I know it's not shark related but hated to start a new thread for one question. I bought a matching set of 4 motors and 4 ESC'S And used 2 of them on the mosquito I just built. I wired them to run in the correct direction, then used a Y connector to plug them into the receiver. They both run but one takes longer to start. It kinda chatters before it gets going and it doesn't seem to be quite as fast as the other one. Ony suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_4735.JPG
    IMG_4735.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4734.JPG
    IMG_4734.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4733.JPG
    IMG_4733.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
New problem. I know it's not shark related but hated to start a new thread for one question. I bought a matching set of 4 motors and 4 ESC'S And used 2 of them on the mosquito I just built. I wired them to run in the correct direction, then used a Y connector to plug them into the receiver. They both run but one takes longer to start. It kinda chatters before it gets going and it doesn't seem to be quite as fast as the other one. Ony suggestions?
Did you calibrate the esc’s?

sundown57

Legendary member
I did, Fist time i did it i had the y connector in, then I tried it with each motor separate. I found out that when that one motor is plugged in direct it still messes up. It acts like it only has 2 of the 3 wires connected but then when I get the throttle just a little about stop it does start ok.

Wildthing

Legendary member
Check all your connections first and re-solder if necessary even on the motors, the chatter sounds like a bad connection or bad esc. Swap esc's left to right and see if the chatter follows the esc, Then calibrate the throttle, do only one at a time so unplug the other one while doing it.

sundown57

Legendary member
ill have to wait a bit on that. I thought they were running ok so I connected them and then ran the wires through the wings and glued the motor housing in place. so not i cant get to the plugs to test them. I'll see if it will fly the way it is . if not then ill try to rip it apart.

sundown57

Legendary member
new question. I'm trying to build the 1914 monoplane. I have all the fuse done and motor cover. So started printing the wings. I was able to get the outside nice and thin .4mm but there are 6 braces that run along inside of the wing for support, They are printing at a full 1mm. making the wing way too heavy. Anyone know how I can make the braces or inner wall thinner? It's not infill. I have that set to 0. its the actual braces.

Attachments

• Clark_2er_Hohlkehle.stl
    427.4 KB · Views: 0

Wildthing

Legendary member
new question. I'm trying to build the 1914 monoplane. I have all the fuse done and motor cover. So started printing the wings. I was able to get the outside nice and thin .4mm but there are 6 braces that run along inside of the wing for support, They are printing at a full 1mm. making the wing way too heavy. Anyone know how I can make the braces or inner wall thinner? It's not infill. I have that set to 0. its the actual braces.
I looked at the mesh and the ribs are double wide compared to the skin so that is why they are being printed thick or thicker, basically it has 2 walls in the mesh for the ribs where the skin doesn't.

sundown57

Legendary member
finally finished the 1914. If this one doesn't fly I may give up trying to print a complete 3d plane and revert back to the dark ages of FB and hot glue. At least it loos very cool.

Attachments

• IMG_4763.JPG
    IMG_4763.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4758.JPG
    IMG_4758.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4757.JPG
    IMG_4757.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4756.JPG
    IMG_4756.JPG