I'm in need of a supplyer of odds and ends.

Tontow

Anyone know where I can get:

- Some red and some black 16 AWG 200C wire for a battery Y harness.

- Some collars / wheel stops for 0.065 mm wire.

- A servo mounting collar for 0.065 mm wire. ( I have the wire for my steerable nose gear sticking straight up and I don't want to bend the wire in case I need to remove it to land and take off in very tall grass.)

Dante

for the wheel collars and servo collars try the flitetest store. For wire (make sure it's silicone wire for flexibility), try any cheap chinese company (bangood, aliexpress, gearbest). I've gotten wire from aliexpress before and its holding up well.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
You do not state if you are seeking donations, a direction to places where you can purchase such items, or a way to source or make items which will suit your immediate purposes.

Having said that I source my wire for Battery adapters and assorted harnesses from retired/dead batteries before I dispose of them.

For cheap wheel stops or collars I have used short offcuts from a bamboo chopstick with a hole drill through it. Just epoxy of CA in place.

To make the steering easy to remove then solder a bellcrank(?) to the gear leg but under the fuselage and run the pushrod back through the bottom of the fuselage to the rudder servo. A simple bamboo top stopper epoxied, or CA(ed) in place will secure it until you wish it removed.

The pushrod under the fuselage can be secured from being ripped off in a landing with simple duct tape.

Just what works for me!

Have fun!

Tontow

I'm just looking for a place I can order this stuff online.

The local hobby shop burnt down last year and the owner didn't rebuild it and retired instead so I need to figure out where to get the hard to find odds and ends such as wire and nose gear steering arms.

The bell crank is a good idea, but I don't have a place in town where I can find something like that. :(

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
When I seek such bits and pieces I place an order with HobbyKing But I order a number of each so that I keep a stock at hand. These orders are normally for the repairs where the customer expects things to be perfect or as close as is possible.

For my own tinkering and where I need a stering arm for a short term project I cut one from n old tin can and then solder it to the leg in the appropriate position.

Give hobbyking a cruise and see what they have in stock!

Have fun!

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
You don't mention what country you're in - but regardless HobbyKing is a good option for cheap doodads. Check their bargain bin section. eBay can also be a good source - but look at pricing carefully and don't get suckered in with $4 part and $8 shipping.

For wiring you can scrounge lots of useable materials from computers or household appliances being thrown away. And the electrical cords can be cut off old alarm clocks and lamps for good battery wires too. I've got a couple jars on the workbench filled with those pieces that always wind up being helpful.