Im new! And want to start my first build

Squawk7500

Hey Everyone! I want to build my first Plane, The FT Simple Cub, im going to buy the Fuselage kit, power kit and the battery from FliteTest store. I want to use ArduPilot for the Plane, what do i need for ArduPilot and for The plane to finish? I have zero experience. Thanks in advance!

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Hey Everyone! I want to build my first Plane, The FT Simple Cub, im going to buy the Fuselage kit, power kit and the battery from FliteTest store. I want to use ArduPilot for the Plane, what do i need for ArduPilot and for The plane to finish? I have zero experience. Thanks in advance!
I would not recommend you try adding ardupilot if you have not flown anything before. You will need to be able to fly to calibrate and tune ardupilot. Just go for a regular receiver and learn to fly line of sight first.

Reactions: FDS

Squawk7500

I would not recommend you try adding ardupilot if you have not flown anything before. You will need to be able to fly to calibrate and tune ardupilot. Just go for a regular receiver and learn to fly line of sight first.
Alright, thanks! What will i need for my project?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Welcome to the forums! I think the simple scout or old speedster would be a better place to start than the simple cub. I started on the simple cub, and my longest flights were never even 30 seconds. If I had kept persisting I probably would have gotten there eventually, but I later built te scout and speedster and both are more forgiving and easier to fly than the scout. I agree with @CarolineTyler and @Merv to keep things simple at first. Good luck and have fun!