is there a set of electronics that will work for multiple planes im cheap like Bixler

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
Yes it can, but I'm a fan of getting a little stronger setup like the FT 3D setup for the planes you have listed.

510thousandths

Just someone else.
Mentor
The set up you bought will be great for the swapable 3 pack and the old fogey, maybe ok with the versa wing. I don't know if it will fly the spitfire at all and may be underpowered still on the duster. Since you got the 3pack, you will have 3 pods, build one with the 'blue wonder' motor and esc that you got from lazer toys, but build a second pod for everthing else.

In HobbyKing terms, I would look for a 2826 1100kv Ntm motor and a 30 amp esc.
From LazerToyz, you would want 'the Beef'

kevintmckay

The set up you bought will be great for the swapable 3 pack and the old fogey, maybe ok with the versa wing. I don't know if it will fly the spitfire at all and may be underpowered still on the duster. Since you got the 3pack, you will have 3 pods, build one with the 'blue wonder' motor and esc that you got from lazer toys, but build a second pod for everthing else.

In HobbyKing terms, I would look for a 2826 1100kv Ntm motor and a 30 amp esc.
From LazerToyz, you would want 'the Beef'

thanks!

crash bandicoot

I use an Emax CF 2822 motor with a 20 amp Hobbywing speed controller from www.valuehobby.com on all my swappalbes with an 8x4. Its pretty fast on the FT Flyer, Nutball, and Delta. They also can tote around a spitfire, FT3D, Dusty, Versa and basically any plane. But with the FT3D the hovering isn't really there so you can't really do what it was intended to do.

I use a 1000 mAh battery for the smaller planes and a 2200 for the Spitfire and FT 3D.

Ron B

Posted a thousand or more times
If you live in the U.S. i would recommend the suppo 2208/14 1450kv 370 park size motor from altitude hobbies and on the 3 pack and old fogey use a 2s batt. with 8 x 4 prop then on the others use a 3s batt. with the same prop and it will draw 12 amps max so get a 20 amp esc to run both setups. I use a 3s 1300 and a 2s 2200 as these are what I have. I can safely get 6 min. on the 3s and have not timed the 2s but if I have it figured right I should get about 10 min. safely. I probably can get more as I don't fly wide open but only half throttle after I climb out.

debay777

I Love $Tree foam
This is where I kind of choke on the plans. I dont think the FT guys are flying their creations on the same power setups they advertise on the build site. Can someone please direct me to video and/or testimonials on how they handle with the recommended power trains?

Im running a grayson hobbies park jet v2 on my bloody wonderish (loosely modeled after the bloody wonder/fun bat). I think Im over powered. It might be a better power set up for the spitfire or versa wing. but before I drop coin on these power trains I want to know how well they work. Im not Jo Nall, but Im not a rook either who needs the foam equivalent to a slow stick to stay airborn.