...Is this broken?

Longbaorder23

Hello,
Ive been messing around with my T9X, putting in the programs, and messing with the settings. I cant confirm if this change occured when i modified the annoying beeper or if this even happened when the radio was mine. (it was new though) But I briefly remember when i first got it, and i was on the DR and EXPO programming screen, (the one with the movement curves) and you know how when you move the stick being programmed, the screen shows a bar moving left to right according to the stick location? well now, on my 9X the rudder and aileron sticks prematurely bottom outon the screen. the little bar on the screen hits the far right edge and stops BEFORE the stick has bottomed out. moving it to the left has no problem, stick and on-screen bar stop at same time. however, rudder has this problem worse than ailerons. is it possible that i bumped the gimbals or something upon the minor surgery? How can i 're-center' the pots? Thanks for all help.

edit: ive researched some more and found that bad pots were not uncommon with the 9X... any other ideas besides opening it up and cleaning the pot? Thanks

Last edited:

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
If you use the direction buttons on the left side of the screen, you can get into the setup menu. press and hold the left(+) button until it beeps and you see "Radio Setup" on the menu, 1/6 should be flashing. That's page 1 of 6 pages, if you were wondering. Just press the left (+) button once more (short press, don't need to hold it this time) you will be at the calibration menu and it will give you directions on how to do the calibration from there.
Hope that helps!

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Just the normal main screen where you see the stick positions and the switches listed. I have been able to get into it from any of the screens that show the model name across the top.
What version of the firmware are you using?

Longbaorder23

ah stock firmware for the 9X. not 9XR. nor ami currently using ER9X. i cant figure out how, and currently im not wanting to switch firmware. id like to use stock for a bit, then upgrade later if need be. i just used the push the 2 trim switches and power on to calibrate and it came out great! i actually did a bit of surgery to my rudder pot, solved the problem COMPLETELY. ill post a pick its quite strange, there was a tiny SHORT on the carbon strip... but my aileron stick is a bit jumpy on the left side of operation. id still call it useable, but i will open it up and look into the pot of that one to see if its an easy fix.

Longbaorder23

Here's the damaged pot. look closely and you'll see the white part and the black short. IMG_20131221_134642_056.jpg

unfortunately i didnt think to take a shot after i fixed this, but all i did was take a hobbyknife and slice very very carefully thru that piece, a few times, cleaned it up, then reassembled.