It's funny actually

SkyEye

Small, minor problem with my piloting skills hope someone can help me. It's funny actually. I was flying in front of my house the other day with my HZ Champ, and I started wondering why my tail wheel (which is connected to the rudder)was damaged each landing and I kept having to re-tape my rudder on. It could be that it was just poorly designed, or because I don't know how to land. Each landing I've ever had with the Champ was often hard and ended with it cartwheeling or nose planting into the ground. So please give me landing advice so that when I get my PZ Trojan I don't have to wreck it. Thanks

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
the easiest thing to do is to land into the wind..... and then when your when your coming in just slowly cut the throttle and at the very end when you are about to touch down.... cut throttle and pull back and plop on down

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
Don't think you'll have the Same problem with a Trojan as it has a tricycle landing gear......

Best regards,
PCH

quorneng

Master member
A very useful video but notice the number of small movements of Josh's aileron/elevator finger even when he is just doing a simple straight line hop.
It is a good example of the automatic eye/hand coordination (I doubt he consciously 'thinks' about what he is doing) that you have to master to get good at flying RC.

SkyEye

Thank you so much for your help guys, I think when the wind dies down a bit I'll do some practice landings (or just do it on the simulator)