I've found the first plane I want to make!

Marzipan

1634248675342.png

I have inexplicably fallen in love with this plane and it is at the top of my list for my first real DiY. I will have built the STEM EZ3 plans before I take this on...but my biggest issue is that the plans are in German. does anyone know if someone has made prints with the text translated to English?

and for a long term idea...how well would you say this could scale up so you could change over to a couple of smaller EDF from a prop?

Attachments

• av_0911_jetson-downloadbauplan.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

Tench745

Master member
Google Translate accepts copy/paste.
He's saying that the PDF won't let you select the text. I don't speak German, but I do recognize some words here and there.
I'm looking at it right now, and most of the text seems like supplemental information; you don't really need it to use the plans.
I have another set of plans from the same designer, and I think I got them in English somehow.... hang on.

Edit: nope my other set of plans are in German as well.

foamboardflyer

There is a way in Inkscape to “take apart” a pdf, this video is for scaling up or down Flite test plans but at some part of the video he tells you how to do it.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
@CappyAmeric like Tench says, the text cannot be copied / pasted, so to convert to English would take a lot of time / labor...probably patience and beer too, LoL!

well... sounds like a good experience ;) If it is something your really want to build, spending that bit of time transcribing could be worth it.

Marzipan

Have you tried exporting the PDF to a text format - then copy/paste?

I have not. that function appears to only be available with a retail / subscription license as its not coming up on Adobe Reader. are there any free PDF editor options with this you would recommend?

Marzipan

give me a day or two, and ill take time to translate it. .. in fact some time ago a started with that plane with a EDF... never build it finished :)

woot! what size EDF were you thinking / planning to use? and if you're game, can you share pics of how far you got? also did you change the scale to suit the use of said EDF?

leaded50

Legendary member
here translated, but you still need use the originalplans, this is smaller, just for translated texting :

Attachments

• jetson_1.png
    jetson_1.png
    92.3 KB · Views: 0
  • jetson_2.png
    jetson_2.png
    73.8 KB · Views: 0
  • jetson_3.png
    jetson_3.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 0
  • jetson_4.png
    jetson_4.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 0
  • jetson_5.png
    jetson_5.png
    55.4 KB · Views: 0
  • jetson_6.png
    jetson_6.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 0
  • jetson_7.png
    jetson_7.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 0
  • jetson_8.png
    jetson_8.png
    63.8 KB · Views: 0
  • jetson_9.png
    jetson_9.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 0
  • jetson_10.png
    jetson_10.png
    73.9 KB · Views: 0
  • jetson_11.png
    jetson_11.png
    72.5 KB · Views: 0
  • jetson_12.png
    jetson_12.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 0
  • jetson_13.png
    jetson_13.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 0
  • jetson_14.png
    jetson_14.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 0
  • jetson_15.png
    jetson_15.png
    67.5 KB · Views: 0
  • jetson_16.png
    jetson_16.png
    118 KB · Views: 0
  • jetson_17.png
    jetson_17.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 0

leaded50

Legendary member
my build stopped , mainly because i find the type Depronfoam i used feels too flimsy. And 9g servos that i had, feels too big.
But the model should have, as a glider, it did indeed glided good. A lot better than i expected.
length/wingspan i made it in is 22".

I think, if wanna go further with this build, i rather will try using foamboard, and less internal parts. That needed be altered anyway, when wanted use a EDF.

Attachments

• DSC_1183.JPG
    DSC_1183.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_1184.JPG
    DSC_1184.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_1185.JPG
    DSC_1185.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 0

Jade_Monkey07

I have inexplicably fallen in love with this plane and it is at the top of my list for my first real DiY. I will have built the STEM EZ3 plans before I take this on...but my biggest issue is that the plans are in German. does anyone know if someone has made prints with the text translated to English?

and for a long term idea...how well would you say this could scale up so you could change over to a couple of smaller EDF from a prop?
Looks like a fun little plane. Might try this out some day.