Jumper T12 Pro vs T8SG

KubKade

Hey guys! After hours of researching and and asking “experienced guys” I think I’ll go with Jumper to upgrade from my DXE (anything will be an upgrade😛). Now I’m trying to figure out which model I want between the T12 pro and T8SG Plus. I know the T12 runs on OpenTX and the T8 on DeviationTX. It sounds like OpenTX is more complicated (but also more common), and DeviationTX is a little easier to figure out.?The T12 has 16 channels and the T8 has 12 but I won’t need more than 8 for a while. The T8SG Plus on AliExpress is $110 and the T12 Pro is $90. Does the T8 have an advantage or why is it not than the T12? Also will both TX’s bind to any brand of receiver and the BNF models from HH? Thanks!

danskis

Master member
The short version is buy the the one with OpenTX. There are virtually no youtube "how-toos" for Deviation. No one you know has a transmitter running Deviation so ther is no one to help you. There is no written manual and the Deviation forum is down to about 5 people. OTH there are hundreds of how toos on OpenTX on youtube and there is a printed manual (which is worth buying). That said once you know OpenTX well you can probably use the Deviation software. For my review of Deviation go here.

(22) Jumper TX8 v2 Cliff Notes and Mini Review | FliteTest Forum

KubKade

The short version is buy the the one with OpenTX. There are virtually no youtube "how-toos" for Deviation. No one you know has a transmitter running Deviation so ther is no one to help you. There is no written manual and the Deviation forum is down to about 5 people. OTH there are hundreds of how toos on OpenTX on youtube and there is a printed manual (which is worth buying). That said once you know OpenTX well you can probably use the Deviation software. For my review of Deviation go here.

(22) Jumper TX8 v2 Cliff Notes and Mini Review | FliteTest Forum
I actually got a like new T16 for $100👍🏼

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I have had the T8SG for a couple of years and it's terrific, really flexible, pretty easy to program and works with loads of receivers. I do love it for it's small size and do-all ability.

BUT...

Buy an OpenTX transmitter unless you want to spend a lot of time working out stuff for yourself :)
My next transmitter will be a Radiomaster TX16S with the hall sensors.