just opened up a box and....

fred0000

just recieved a box from HK (this is normal lol) and I opened it up and step one is to make sure everything I have ordered is acounted for, everything is acounted for but theres one more box in the package, it had a 1350mah 20c Zippy-K in it, I did not order this. (its funny cause i've been wanting to try one of the Zippy-K series batteries.

what would you do? (I am going to keep my mouth shut and keep it more then likely)

Mike oxbig

15% nitro is my cologne
Are you sure it's not supposed to be there? They have been giving away items with orders over $100 for a little bit now. maybe that's one of them.

If it was me I'd send hk an email just to let them know. Chances are its cheaper to give away the lipo than to get it shipped back anyway but I still wouldn't feel right keeping something that wasn't mine.

That's just me though.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Yup, I would drop them a notice, but just to see what they do when something is not right for them!

fred0000

I went on chat, and they asked for an emailed picture of the contents of the box. so i'm gunna go along with this and see what happens.

I found it quite suprising that once I told them (on chat) what the "bonus" item was they didn't go ahead and say "keep it" at the dollar amount were talkin they should be able to make the call (I would think so anyway)

I wll report back once I get an e-mail back from them, my email to them has been sent.

Last edited:

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I reckon you've scored someone else's battery. From the sound of things, HK chat support haven't actually read what you've said but are thinking you're complaining about the order being wrong... If this happened to me, I'd be sending an email to their support centre to inform them of what's happened, and when they give the generic non-answer and close the case, consider it mine :) You can only do what you can do...

fred0000

what i've learned so far (based mostly off of John Campbells expieriance) is that they should eliminate the live chat and have a few more staff on e-mail's at all times, seems no matter what you get told to send an email. just a waste of resources.

(I have used the live chat in a pinch to add a few last minute items to an existing order, but that seems about all the chat is good for)

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
The live chat seems to be a total waste of time. They pretty much sit there and tell you to be patient and it will be resolved shortly. A pacifier of sorts.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
The live chat seems to be a total waste of time. They pretty much sit there and tell you to be patient and it will be resolved shortly. A pacifier of sorts.
The email support is the same. They have the same answers. If it is a complaint or just a " happy holiday " their answer is. We will be back shortly to solve your problem.

PaulT

Mentor
OMG you've got John's battery!
If you know what's good for you, you'll send it south to Tennesee as fast as you can!!!
;)

con244

I just had a thought about their "live " customer support. What if it's a bot? Not live at all, always different variations of the same lines, not able to make a decision without further consultation with their superiors etc etc etc. Sounds a lot like a bot to me. Keep the battery, maybe they saw the positive words you had for HK and decided to reward you. Who knows?
Con

fred0000

oh no, John, are you missing a battery? I may have it! lol

it very well could be a bot, or some minimum wage worker following a script, I don't plan to press this "issue" very hard, i'm happy with the package, everything I wanted was in there, I have sent an email and just want to see what they have to say.

I have a feeling i'll be requested to fill out an RMA form and send it back, this is not what I want to do.

a free bonus/reward would be great, I have since found a use for this spare battery.

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
I got a free roll of fibre tape in with my parkjet....i have used it lots a really usefull
freebie,,,,they know them parkjets break a lot

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
Live Support attendant told me that the CHAT is only good for changing orders, cancelling and adding items to order as Fred mentioned.

other issues are solved by email.

fred0000

OK, just JUST now recieved a notification that it has been looked at. it has been cleared as "solved" the message I got back is as follows, my original message included a referance to the order number aswell as a photo showing in plain view the extra battery. here's what they had to say.

first my message:

I just recieved this package 2XXXXXXXX9 and while unboxing it noticed there was an extra battery in it that I hadn't ordered, I felt I should bring this to your attention. the blue battery center of the photo is the "bonus" battery that was in my package, PRODUCT ID: ZK1350.2S.20C

their message:

Hi Fred ,

Thanks for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team.

To get the Freebie, first click on the link [It's the Product ID/SKU of the Pop-up Freebie] and then create a new Tab and proceed placing your order. After you have more than $100.00 in your shopping cart, go to the page of the Freebie and click 'ADD to CART', it will be added with a $0.00 value [which means it's FREE].

Now your order #2XXXXXXXX9 have been posted on 13/03/2012 and the tracking no. is RU4XXXXX1CH. With International (Registered) Air Mail it will need around 6-39 days in transit. Please kindly check for delivery updates later.

Thanks for emailing support.
If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Regards.
Matthew
HobbyKing Support Team

Fishbonez

I know my conscience would be clear. Keep it. Your integrity is intact and HK well...they are just lost on this issue :cool:

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I was pretty concerned about their changing the shipping rules on me but my order arrived in tact with everything in it. Too bad they just can't be consistent.

fred0000

now that they got back to me, I donated it to a friend, I don't really need it, and its not like i'm out anything.