• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Keeping it neat and spaced

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
My Bixler always looked like it had cavernous space in the canopy. Then I put in a 40A ESC with a 4A UBEC. Still cavernous. Then I added the wiring for the vtx, camera and pan/tilt servos. Still plenty of space. Then I added an FMA Copilot. Not cavernous, but roomy. Then I added a G-OSD, which only has a board and a GPS module. Now the canopy needs some serious reorganising to both get the battery in there and keep everything spaced neatly and properly accessible.

I need some inspiration. When/if my FrSky combo arrives I'll be pulling out the velcro and tape and that'll be the way she stays. How do you pack your FPV plane? Pics please.

Dont have pictures but I make my fpv wires just the lenght that I need. Also I put a big amount of distance between the vtx and my EZuhf rx.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I once thought of making a larger canopy by cutting straight out towards the nose, opening acess to the whole nose. Might affect it structurally though. Otherwise it would allow for a lot of ease in mounting and accessing.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Currently I've only got the pan/tilt camera, vtx and the FMA button on the ply canopy, which is held on using velcro straps. I'll have a think about a better canopy retention mechanism, and stick a few more things on there instead of inside the plane.