Large flying locations near Ottawa, preferably Kanata.

Verris

I've just recently gotten into the hobby and built a few FT planes. I have a field I fly at with a club and have my MAAC membership, however until I get more experience and pass a flying test, I'm unable to use the club field alone and getting people out to fly regularly is sometimes an issue. Flying isn't really a problem, I'd say I'm pretty good at it aside from folding a few wings. I'm just looking for something big and open I can go to to get some more practice in. Preferably near Kanata.

This seems like it was a while ago. I am new to RC but would like to know if you have found any good places near Kanata? I live in Markham but my in laws are in Kanata and we go every few months.

Verris

Nothing casual. I've since found a maac club to fly with, but it's still quite far away and not very popular anymore so there aren't many people doing. I'm going to check out the Arnprior club, who is about the same distance with a much more popular field. Except it seems their entire field is under water currently.

I have on occasion gone to test fly a new plane at one of the fields at westley clover park, but only while nobody is using it. Not sure how they feel about it but nobody has said anything about it so far.

Thanks for the info. I'm only flying a FT TT at the moment so was thinking of Walter Baker Park in the early mornings around where the soccer fields are. Might be small so have to check in person.

Verris

You could get away with it assuming nobody is playing soccer, I've been a little afraid of it due to the ponds and the close proximity of the main road. Let me know if you plan on going out and I might meet you there with something small. I live a couple minutes away.

Simply WOW! That's incredible.

Will let you know next time I'm there. The in laws also live like a minute from the park. Thanks again for your kindness.